The Corroboree
niggles

Live chicken born - no egg

Could this be evolution before our eyes maybe? Or possibly just a freak accident? I dunno.. I haven't even had my morning coffee yet :unsure:

Dont know about evolution...

It was clearly a freak birth... The mother died of internal injuries.. The chick must've shredded its way out..

It is very interesting though, because it's never been seen before, and it ties into a question we all know but no one can answer..

What came first?

Very interesting oddity though

Thanks for sharing

• Like 1

well if you believe in evolution wouldn't you think the egg would have to come first?

as some species evolved into a chicken, it kept changing over time, through its offspring until one day some related bird laid an egg that hatched what we know as a chicken.

that's how evolution works and also this example is also a part of evolution, glitches and mistakes are why there is evolution otherwise the same organisms would never change.

and even if the first chicken in existence was born in the same way as the OP example, the egg still came first, the egg was created by the closely related bird, the egg hatched to produce the chicken, regardless of whether it was inside or outside the mother.

Edited by chnt
  • Like 1

Dont know about evolution...

well if you believe in evolution wouldn't you think the egg would have to come first?

as some species evolved into a chicken, it kept changing over time, through its offspring until one day some related bird laid an egg that hatched what we know as a chicken.

that's how evolution works and also this example is also a part of evolution, glitches and mistakes are why there is evolution otherwise the same organisms would never change.

and even if the first chicken in existence was born in the same way as the OP example, the egg still came first, the egg was created by the closely related bird, the egg hatched to produce the chicken, regardless of whether it was inside or outside the mother.

Like I said, I haden't had my coffee when I posted that haha

more like a pre-chicken-reptile bearing it's chicks in a skin-like amniotic sac, then evolution takes it's course to harden the sac gradually with a calcium richness.

The egg was still there. It's a stupid question, the egg is part of the chicken and neither "came first". It's like asking the question "Did the humans come first or was it their skin?"

It's an interesting thing, I suspect the fertilised egg simply got stuck inside the poor mother chicken and she managed to survive, keeping it warm, til it hatched. This is not a positive evolutionary trait as the mother will always die and each one can only pass on one hatchling before death rather than many. There would need to be a number of evolutionary traits changed in order for this to be an effective strategy, all pertaining to the hardiness of the one surviving chick.