The Corroboree
wandjina

how reliable are 'they'?

-----------------------------

Give more advice. :wave-finger:

Ah Devance, king of the cryptic monosyllabic response...

The trouble I'm having is that, due to the brevity and vagueness of your comment, it's difficult to tell if you're exhibiting your usual devilish wit and pointing out that I am also giving advice, and am therefore a hypocrite, or if your comment is simply meant like a bumper sticker proclaiming what everybody should do (sort of like "plant more trees").

If it is the former, remember the qualifying remark was "unless you know what you're talking about," which in this case I do, and you clearly do not.

If the latter, allow me to proffer my own bumper sticker slogan by way of reconciliation:

"don't take it personally"

:)

Chilli,

I certainly don't think your are a hypocrite.

I not into playing mental chess games on the internet of any type.

So let me do some [ego stroking] of yourself as to say your poems like statements are appreciated.

Chilli,

I certainly don't think your are a hypocrite.

I not into playing mental chess games on the internet of any type.

So let me do some [ego stroking] of yourself as to say your poems like statements are appreciated.

purr purr...

Just one quick question though... what's the point of the brackets around "ego stroking"? Your statement [almost] made sense without them.

*snigger*

Not the case. :crux:

Really just doing the best I can. :crux:

Hey Devance, no hard feelings... peace!

:)

http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/06...dow_person.html

"The young woman went to doctors to have them probe her brain, to root out where her seizures came from. But unexpectedly, their investigations and the procedure they performed led her to experience the creepy illusion of a person standing behind her, where nobody was actually present.

The patient described the illusory person as young and of indeterminate sex, a "shadow" who did not speak or move. "He is behind me, almost at my body, but I do not feel it," she reported.

When the patient sat and embraced her knees with her arms, she noted the "man" was now also sitting and clasping her in his arms, which she described as unpleasant. When asked to read a card in her right hand, she noted the shadow tried to interfere, saying, "he wants to take the card" and "he doesn't want me to read."

Researchers said today that what they learned from this woman, who is not named in their scientific paper, could help shed light on psychiatric effects, such as feelings of alien control, paranoia and persecution.

Cognitive neuroscientist Olaf Blanke at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne in Switzerland and his colleagues investigated the 22-year-old woman, who had no history of psychiatric illness. They were evaluating her for surgical treatment of epilepsy, and had implanted electrodes in her brain to study where her seizures originated.

The researchers found stimulating a region known as the left temporoparietal junction caused the woman to feel the presence of a shadowy person.

The temporoparietal junction is involved in distinguishing self from other and integrating body-related sensory information. Since the shadowy person closely mimicked the woman, the researchers propose she was experiencing an illusion based on her own body. This effect is a symptom of schizophrenia, and the scientists noted hyperactivity in the temporoparietal cortex of schizophrenics could lead to include the sensation that one's actions are being performed by someone else."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This theory is always being proposed

"Larger studies are needed," Blanke told LiveScience. "We reported findings in a single patient."

As a alternate theory is that it could be both.

A hostile telepathic being taking advantage of a weakened state of mind.

Telepathy is a interesting latin scientific term.

Tele is communication. telephone

pathic is sickness.

and I agree that telepathic communication is a bad thing.

A Christian perspective is thats its forbidden and any sort of practice of such would lead to a contact with demons.

------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't mean a person is doomed just has a very confusing, manipulated hostile input.

So whats the difference communication between heaven and the entitys.

Well heaven will communicate in alot more upfront and detailed visual way as in walking in the day is the answer.

The entitys are confusing.

Like survior island.

One doesn't know if it a hermit crab, a rat, or a poisonous snake freaked one out at night.

So not a immediate perceptional.

System Shock 2 was a cool game!

erm and devance u confuse me :blink:

i understand that when im confused as fuck or fearful that's the uh... hostile influence or those nasty parasitic entities yeah.. erm body thetans if u will... but is this shit real y0? or um just paranoid delusions? ego shattering and projecting, im not the maker of my destiny but these negative influences are steering me whiche ever direction.. erm i dunno definitely experience that at times, and then i guess i feel insane more or less.

So hmm well really at great times of fear or confusion, such as rave parties with high doses of vitamin pills and such, and the paranoic presence of the man, authority or any shit yer scared of at the time will manifest as some kinda dark entities or what have you steering your mind into fear and or confusion, um reminiscent of 'the agent's in the matrix.. they are the archons, those jealous angel fuckers that try to blind you with confusion whenever they catch you peaking, lifitng the veil so to speak.. i mean im sure they're paranoid delusions

i just find it funky how many of us have them and they're being re-made into movies and [anime] cartoons and all that jazz. archetypal visions coded into our genes? .. into our memes?