The Corroboree
altenate

Favourite visual "trippy" movie?

"So leads to my question of those with kids or even those that dont what is the most visual movie that takes your fancy?

There must be a stack out there, that have been made under some influence of something...."

See its a bit unclear if its just for kids Psylo?

Some of my kids have watched the Wall & all have watched Willy Wonka & that movie as I said has footage of a chook being beheaded...

Not a movie, but you should probably check out the shows "Adventure Time with Finn and Jake" and "Regular Show". Tell me they ain't partyin'. :-)

See its a bit unclear if its just for kids Psylo?

Some of my kids have watched the Wall & all have watched Willy Wonka & that movie as I said has footage of a chook being beheaded...

Yes, as you have said, twice now in this thread. :scratchhead: Clearly you are digging for a response, so I shall grant you this wish.

All these years I must be watching the edited version. (a noted sequence that has been omitted - perhaps your illegal download comes from a country where it remains). But of course it is a parent's right to shelter their children from discussion about the origin of their food, but instead allow them to watch movies which imply heroin abuse, is filled with audio & visual emotions of dread, and is an overall presentation of depression.

Per Australian Classifications, Willy Wonks & the Chocolate Factory is rated "G". Pink Floyd: The Wall is rated "M".

It is not for me to say how others should rear their kids. However it is your suggestion that's the one in which parents need to question, if the classification system is to be held in any regard. In many cases, content cannot be previewed with every single movie for child suitability, and the classifications serves to guide parents in making a valued decision.

Have you finished nitpicking, or will you proceed to debunk the whole classification system as unworthy of reference ?

Be mindful that if you do, then this would suggest that you also think it's OK for parents (that aren't you) to show their kids "R" & "X" rated films.

But I'm sure this isn't the case, and you sraw the line at "M" movies for kids. Geeze I hope the children who you exhibit for are at least over 13 y/old. There can be some quite confronting imagery in "M" rated films.

Enter The Void can't be beaten for trippiness in my opinion, it's far from being the most cheery movie though.

being very, very tired and sitting close up to the screen, i swear it made me lightly hallucinate.

EDIT: definitely NOT suitable for children.

Edited by totemgoat

I watched Alice in wonderland the one with Gene Wilder as the Turtle its quite good also the Johnny depp one is not bad either, my kids love both. Absalom is a hero of mine..

Edited by Stillman

Wizzard of Oz is way out there for the 30's too. My kids love that.

Also watch the Mighty Boosh thats trippy as and kid friendly. he has a new one too which is weirder I can't think what its called but I watched it last night.

Edited by Stillman

Tim And Eric Awesome Show was a mindbending shock find late one saturday night on cable tv. Random at its randomest. Barake; would definitely open the eyes of children, and you feel every emotion there is.

Everyone's pretty much all said what I was going to. I bet Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind would be too. Jacobs Ladder on it was intense. Return To Oz good for kids. Cosmos by Carl Sagan is amazing! So fascinating and what a guy! I wish I'd seen 2001: A Space Odyssey(sp?) just for those final fifteen minutes, while on it. I bet the rest of the movie would feel like you've been watching the movie for a few centuries... And eat another while you're waiting.

Yeah sorry Psylo & Shruman - could definately have worded my original post in a much more transparent way.

Dont bother reading into the word 'transparent 'either

Was originally asking with my kids in mind, who are pretty young,

but always good to know of some movies that we can watch when they aint about.

I now have a heap of things to watch with & without my girls.

If anyone else wants to reply to keep this simple, maybe give a classification rating for said movie.

& maybe a suggestion of what to eat with it....

Thanks again

He has a new one too which is weirder I can't think what its called but I watched it last night.

Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy, funny as ;)

Yeah sorry Psylo & Shruman

Finally !

If anyone else wants to reply to keep this simple, maybe give a classification rating for said movie.

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory is rated "G" !

less then a seconds though, natural born killers. Cant disagree with psylo though, golden tickets are the gate passes to oblivion

i always thought the incredibles (G) was cool,

and 9 (G) is really awesome visual wise,

coraline (G) is def worth it, for all

edward scissor hands (G)

howzat, did i get the ratings right?

princess and the frog. My daughter hides behind the armchair when the voodoo spirits drag the shadow man into hell for breaking the hex. Psychedelic magic energy and dark spirts flying everywhere. Cool music too.

oh i missed the for children part, sorry. my suggestions arent so appropriate... MirrorMask is a nice looking film suitable for kids, i think the spiritual successor of the dark crystal and labyrinth (at least for some of the people involved in production)

Spirited Away and other Hayao Miyazaki movies are great for both too.