The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Salviador

Finding the truth about the nature of reality

This is my latest crackpot theory.

Assumptions:

Physical neuron clusters have been formed according to the laws of physics (whatever they may be)

The more sensory stimulus there is the more complex these clusters will be.

There must be some sort of ratio/formula/encryption pattern that translates physical structures to conscious thoughts.

Crackpot thesis: When one takes psychedelics or meditates, neurons forms certain patterns of relatedness which influenced by the laws of physics represents the basic laws of physics and hence an overall understanding of the truth about the nature of reality as created by the natural forces of physics.

Furthermore, when the conscious mind takes over, certain processes, such as conscious manipulation of thoughts, arranges them differently (still obviously according to physics)to those arrangements achieved during meditation or psychedelics, where in meditation stimulus is cut, and in psychedelics (as the geometric patterns would suggest) they are arranging patterns according to their effect on the brain.

Obviously you can add in neurotranmitter amounts and stuff to increase the complexity, but yeah feasible? testable? any comments welcome.

LOL :D

u goin to polysonic?

[ 12. August 2005, 15:19: Message edited by: Rev ]

why do u think that the ultimate nature of reality has anything to do with physics?

or for that matter the formulations of our brains?

[ 13. August 2005, 04:06: Message edited by: r. Jackson ]

it requires the assumption that the truth will set u free - or at least give u the selective evolutionary advanatge

if this is so then our brains would have evolved as an organ to filter input effectively into version or reality with the highest possible fidelity

and the better the fidelity the higher the chance of

success. somewhat like the search for transcendence by mastery of self

however if this is not true and in fact u are more successful as a measure of your being a finely tuned cog within a mass social delusion then we cant assume that anything the brain tells us is 'true' as its all relative to the order of the day - like good debaters or politicians -somewhat like the search for transcendence by mastery of others

so does the truth more dominate the creation of success or success dominate the creation of truth?

if the former then the issue of having humane principles is a good idea but if not true then we should all aspire to be television evangelists

[ 13. August 2005, 13:34: Message edited by: Rev ]

WOuldnn't miss it for the world :)

I think an understanding of the nature of reality is achievable through the observation/integration of the universal principles into yourself.

Its an interesting point reptyle, youve made me realise another assumption, that universal priniples (laws of physics) can only be an expression of the core truth.

it requires the assumption that the truth will set u free - or at least give u the selective evolutionary advanatge

Not sure if this is a valid assumption as I believe there is a inverse relationship between intelligence and happiness

Of course you could argue that happiness is not our natural state or that it does not give us a evolutionary advantage although I think it does.

Knowing the above I have settled on a very simple strategy to reduce my intelligence.

ALCOHOL

LOL :D

quote:

Not sure if this is a valid assumption as I believe there is a inverse relationship between intelligence and happiness

hmm

not so sure

maybe really stupid people are happy but i think so too are really smart people

the ones who are very adept at figuring it all out but also know what to keep in perspective and that its all a big laugh anyway (life)

maybe its the half smart people who get depressed thinking they are so smart and yet so unhappy :( (taking life too seriously? esp material side)

when in fact they are unhappy because they never completed the other half of the equation

the very smart ones did and so are happy

and the very dumb ones never tried so never experienced the pain of failure

:D

[ 18. August 2005, 13:43: Message edited by: Rev ]

blessed r those with a soul and blessed r those without. pity for those who have a soul in th makin'.

quote:

hmm

not so sure

I was refering to a correlation between depression and intelligence which is one of those things you just sort of know without knowing where you picked it up.

Doing a quick google search and it certainly doesn't seem to be as strong a link as I previously thought.

quote:

There must be some sort of ratio/formula/encryption pattern that translates physical structures to conscious thoughts.

ok so back to our musings by the doofbeat the other day...

u propose consciousness is generated by the brain by means of its function which ..as stated above

i see an alternative possibility in that cosnciousness is the background state of the cosmos and out brains are hardwired like recievers

and teh same ratio formual etc determines how well we 'tune in' or not.

so one idea has the brain like a generator and the other sees it like an antennae

which is closer to the truth?

My way of thinking is that our brain is a combination of both in that it generates conciousness at a local level and then is connected to a greater collective consiouness by radiating itself and receiving others radiated conciousnesses.