The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Halif

Intro from a lurker

Hello :)

I've been a lurking member here for a while. I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts and have learned a great deal from this site. I've considered posting many times, but I never thought that I could really add much more than an opinion or a reiteration of something another more knowledgable member has posted. There are some very knowledgable members on here!

Anyway, I might as well become an active member as I can share some experiences which might help noobs (I've learned through trial and error - many errors - as much as through careful research) and perhaps give away some stuff to people who want to get started with new gardens. That's the thing about growing plants - they are very generous. As the years go by I find I have too many cacti and too many seeds from various plants so there's not much else to do but share them!

It says in my profile that I'm interested in 'personal development'. By that I mostly mean development of a mental/spiritual nature, followed by physical development (but been lazy recently), followed at a great distance by material development - that last one I suck at. I think I need to be more respectful towards money and material things, because not having enough money and essentials sucks.

Anyhow, the interest in development of self is what led me to gardening and substance research.

OK, that's it. I look forward to contributing in whatever ways I can.

sweet intro.

more opinions are good, i hope to see yours in some threads.

all the best halif

Hey Chnt

You're into Autechre? I used to love them.

I sspent most of the 90s listening to some great electronic music, which I still pull out now and then.

You listened much to Squarepusher, Venetian Snares, Future Sound of London, and so on?

And thanks for the welcome SallyD :)

Ah, a fellow Melbournite. !!

I dig your chamealeon avatar .

welcome to the forum Halif.

:)

Thanks Amazonian. Yep, a Melburnian here. I find it a hard place to grow things. Too hot, too cold, and too random - that huge hailstorm on Christmas Day last year was nuts. It shredded my huge sunflowers and all the vegetables I had growing.

And yeah I like the avatar, too. A kind user on another forum made it for me.

Hey Halif, long time lurker indeed! Good to see you participating, it's always good to get fresh view and fresh ideas from someone new. If you are ever bored and looking for something to do, you could post pictures of your plants/garden, I always love seeing what other people are up to.

And I agree totally, awesome avatar pic.

Hey Chnt

You're into Autechre? I used to love them.

I sspent most of the 90s listening to some great electronic music, which I still pull out now and then.

You listened much to Squarepusher, Venetian Snares, Future Sound of London, and so on?

autechre are the greatest gift to music i could ever ask for, as a psychonaut and as a weird cunt.

i haven't actually listened to future sounds of london but perhaps i should... yes to the others. i'm a big fan of certain types of electronic music, what other stuff are you into? heard of vladislav delay or stars of the lid? oh and what autechre do you particularly like? i like meeting people who like them and am interested in their perspectives.

hope to see you around these parts

hello Halif,

nice intro

excellent lurking mun. i lurked for a 2-3 years before i virgin posted but i burned myself in the process.

lol.

welcome and make sure to try to come to a melb meet...............nicest,grooviest,chilled simian plantheads i've ever met.

as soon as sharx comes back - if he does haahaa-from peru we should organise the next autumn melb soon.

Welcome Halif, it seems like you'll fit right in. :)

Looking forward to some quality posts.

^quality posts, ey?

Shit, the pressure's on now. I was just going to go with some one liners: LOL, WTF, I'm so drunk - and so on.

Now I have to think before I post. Guess that means you'll be seeing one or two posts from me per year.