The Corroboree
RyanVolle

Ant and Worm 'Infestation' Help

Hi. I observed that my plant was not growing so well for the few days and I just saw the problem today. Red ants. I kinda fixed the problem but I still need y'all's help. So I took the soil out, and planted my precious on a temporary container. The infected soil was placed on a separate metal tray, and what I did was fertilize the water and drowned the soil, worms and ants. Does that help?

Edited by Volle

The ants around my place are adapted to most poisons, antrid included.

They sends out a few scouts to sample the poison, but they won't take anymore back to the nest. They must quarantine the first ants to sample it and if they die they don't come back.

I've tried all sorts of things to get rid of ants, like cinnamon (didn't work) borax (didn't work) ant rid (didn't work) soaking the pots in water overnight (didn't work) about the only thing I didn't try was an exorcism.

I found the best thing was to dump all the soil out of the pot and then soak or wash the roots in water until all the ants and eggs are gone. The re-pot the plant into some new potting soil.

• Like 1

They sends out a few scouts to sample the poison, but they won't take anymore back to the nest. They must quarantine the first ants to sample it and if they die they don't come back.

I've tried all sorts of things to get rid of ants, like cinnamon (didn't work) borax (didn't work) ant rid (didn't work) soaking the pots in water overnight (didn't work) about the only thing I didn't try was an exorcism.

I found the best thing was to dump all the soil out of the pot and then soak or wash the roots in water until all the ants and eggs are gone. The re-pot the plant into some new potting soil.

That's very nice that's exactly what I'm doing right now :)