The Corroboree
theuserformallyknownasd00d

WTB: music cassetes/tapes

hey guys so I bought a new van and its only got a tape deck.... im not very interested in upgrading it so if anybody has tapes/cassetes there willing to part with i'd be stoked.. all the op shops can provide is kenny g and the likes..!

after anything punk/hard rock/metal/dance, will pay post or pickup within sydney/wollongong... i would just dub some tapes but im a stiffler for having originals.... thought i might get someone wanting to offload there lot!

d00d

Wow. Interesting request. Is the desire to avoid upgrading a financial concern, or an aesthetic one? I ask because you could always buy a little boombox that has a cd player and tape deck on it and just dub some CDs. I think if you find any original cassettes, they will not sound so good after all these years.

EDIT: Sorry, must have only read half your post before responding :wacko:

Edited by ballzac

Na Definatly not worried about money, I can get the headunits at retail cost price and labor only cost me beer, I just like the feel of tape :) I'm up to about 200 vhs tapes now, love the quality!

• Like 1

damn, you're a few months too late. Only late last year I passed off about 100 original cassettes to Vinnies, and almost as many good quality recorded-from-vinyl tapes. Had such bands as the Oils, Maiden, Deep Purple, Metallica, the Beatles, The Stones, lots of Aussie indie rock and a metric shit-ton of european underground metal. Truly sucks that someone wants old format stuff now, I was trying for years to find a recipient.

Will keep an eye out for any cool stuff at the op-shops.

I think if you find any original cassettes, they will not sound so good after all these years.

Not true, but I guess it depends on how they are kept (a back shed with a tin roof, sitting on top of some old speaker cabs is not going to preserve the quality). But before I got rid of my, I whacked on an old Mantissa tape (Sydney/LA rock band) and the sound quality was nothing short of brilliant (except for the telltale hiss, unavoidable on the format, but still subtle enough to ignore). Also an original copy of '...And Justice for All', sounded ace.

D00d, I have a good quality Denon deck (home hi-fi component, not portable player) that I need to get around to flogging of, if you want it, make me an offer via PM

Therefore if you wanna offload them and there originals maybe we can organise a swap?

And there you go again psylo, throwing the tease out there! Man that sucks I would have offered cash for them!

D00d

If you happen to have some sort of portable music playing device I'm pretty sure I got a tape adaptor laying around home that you can have, I got no use for it all it's doing is collecting dust.

When I was a kid I had a whole heaps of KISS and Metallica tapes, but they're long gone now :(

damn. everyone remiscing about their old tapes. i found a goldmine at vinnies a few years ago. someone cleared out their grunge and metal collection. sadly i passed them on, thinking 'who am i to be the keeper of such glories'. an old forum member and i used to take drives out to the blue mountains on the search for the fungi. we'd leave at 4am. the only cassette we had was dark side of the moon. it used to cycle around and around as the sun came up, as we headed home with our bags of goodies. side one would end and side two would come through a few minutes later. around and around it went. i love that shit!

i will keep my eye out dude and hopefully you will become the keeper of new cassette glories!

• Like 1

Saw this posted on facebook :lol:

post-1298-0-89081800-1333262763_thumb.jp

tape.jpg

tape.jpg

• Like 1

Doodiebits, I found some tapes for you ! Amongst a bunch of 'god is good' cassettes on he street in my neighbourhood, i managed to pick you up:

Elvis Presley: Pure Gold

La Bamba: Music from the motion picture.

Kylie Minogue: Kylie.

Top shelf material right there, and yours if you wish :)

I was just cleaning out my stuff and was wondering what to do with these five tapes.

I got:

The White Stripes, Elephant

Live Throwing Copper

Moby Play

Beastie Boys, Hello Nasty

Counting Crows, August and everything after

You can have em all if you like. I bought them at servos when I had my combi, I didn't want the hastle of buying a whole new cd set up.

Edited by Halcyon Daze