The Corroboree
Sallubrious

Assange for PM ?

Julian Assange has apparently declared through twitter, that he intends to run for a seat in the Australian senate and his organisation intends to run a candidate against Gillard for the seat of Lalor.

While this is not an immediate challenge on the leadership of the country, it has the potential to change the political landscape in this country.

I can see ulterior motives for this action on Assange's part and possibly the move could be purely strategical in relation to the legal cloud he is under at the moment, but this has the potential to change Australian politics in a positive way or it could go go the other way and make some enemies in the US and/or China

Julian has proven himself to be no-ones puppet and for the most part he stands for truth and justice (this point is purely personal opinion).

I'll never vote Labor or Liberal ever again after investigating the corrupt money trails of both said parties. They are both on the payroll of American powerbrokers and also influenced by Chinese bribery.

I'll be watching to see how this one pans out.

Now all we need is for Peter Garret to ditch those Labor sellout pricks and show some balls.

• Like 1

Sorry but Garret has shown time and time again, he ahas no balls. Only shitty jingles.

I would vote for assange over lab/lib though. This is clearly a ploy as he will no doubt not claim a seat, more likely he will be hung in the US before the election.

• Like 1

With all due respect to Assanges personal views on information dissemination, has he had any political experience? Would he know how to run a country? Is the majority of Australia smart enough to see through his recent tribulations? I would have to say not..

I mean, really, even though most of us would view the Australian Government with criticism, those very people are the ones who control factors that affect the citizens daily. Would you really want Assange to be PM because he stands tall against the man?, or because he is the most qualified for the job? I mean, sure, the man can hack a computer, but can he run a country? or will he inevitibly become a puppet of more powerful countries,advisors and party members because he hasn't got what it takes to run a country? It's very easy to look over the fact that being PM would not be the easiest job in the country.. We should only accept our countries leading minds to lead our country..

And voting for someone out of spite of the others, does not push us forward..

yeah man, who the fuck is qualified to run a country? any of the current scum politicians? (perfect adjective therefore)

fuck them all, the world is in need of drastic change, why not start with aus? surely assange would be better than gillard/abbot (i guess it could all be a big ploy...)

i'm so fucking sick of the "politician" persona, deflect questions, talk about shit, never answer anything directly, have no personality, talk shit... be a complete cunt

any deviation from that norm is good in my opinion, who fucking cares if (hypothetically) assange running the country fucks it up, at least it's a fucking change from the 2 party inner party system... they're not so bad at fucking things up themselves, always remember that.

i want some fucking change

edit: spelling

Edited by chnt

We should only accept our countries leading minds to lead our country.

and yet we hire secretaries as most pollies have just come up from the "typing pool" by screwing and stabbing their way to the top.The "thinkers in residence" program run here in Adelaide where international academics are asked to consult with local gov for 6 to 12 months has repeatedly come out with the response that the politicians really need to stop thinking themselves the "best for the job" because there are easily peolpe in everyday life that could do a beter job than them.

yet it's how the majority of Australians vote, both Labour(notice they prefer to use the term ALP rather than Labour now, distancing themselves from the labourer) and Liberal have shown their ineptitude to run this country over and over and yet each election we put in the other guys to "teach the bastards a lesson".

IMO a vote for Labour or Liberal is like voting for lung cancer or emphysema, both are deadly for you just one is more obviously aggressive.

Edited by Moses

With all due respect to Assanges personal views on information dissemination, has he had any political experience? Would he know how to run a country? Is the majority of Australia smart enough to see through his recent tribulations? I would have to say not..

I mean, really, even though most of us would view the Australian Government with criticism, those very people are the ones who control factors that affect the citizens daily. Would you really want Assange to be PM because he stands tall against the man?, or because he is the most qualified for the job? I mean, sure, the man can hack a computer, but can he run a country? or will he inevitibly become a puppet of more powerful countries,advisors and party members because he hasn't got what it takes to run a country? It's very easy to look over the fact that being PM would not be the easiest job in the country.. We should only accept our countries leading minds to lead our country..

I don't know if Assange would have what it takes to run the country, as you've said it is not an easy job.

You say we should only accept having our countries leading minds running the country, In my view that has never been the case, we have always had puppets in the position that do what they're told. First it was the Monarchy/Commonwealth and now it is Americans and Chinese.

Why can't spite come in to a decision about political leadership, previous governments have sold out our citizens and eroded personal freedoms, are we supposed to accept that as normal ?

Australians have been treated with the utmost contempt from the leading political parties and now we have a situation where big business and foreign powerbrokers make the decisions and we have to accept them.

We have Chinese companies selling us power that has been generated from our coal reserves and Americans planning nuclear waste dumps on our soil. The rest of the world takes advantage of the corrupt system of government we have here and Australians think that's OK

Spiteful, you fucking bet I am.

Every time I get a power bill (from a Chinese company) it makes blood boil.

The pricks running this charade bank on complacency and build their empires on it.

Edited by SallyD

Im with you Sally....considering i dont want to vote liberal or labor for the first time ever, i might be forced to go left wing......and if assange was on the list...heéd get my vote....time to stop pussy footing to keep the rest of the world happy,.

fuck everyone in labour and liberal, fuck malcom too.

• Like 1

I don't mind having dumb people in control.

Power corrupts, we don't want genius' to work out any 'better' ways to fuck us over.

• Like 1