The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
cornilius maximus

Mycoremediation

Hi All,

I have to prepare a poster for a uni assignment that is going to be on mycoremediation.

I am currently using Paul Stamets model from the TED talk that he recently done.

I have a copy of his book Mycellium Running that I am currently using as a reference, which I might add is a fantastic book.

I was wondering if there were anyone here who may be able to provide me with names of other people who are currently researching or working in this field.

peace

cornillius maximus

Check out Stammet's book "Growing Gormet and Medicinal Mushrooms" there's a small section on permiculture with a mycological twist (thats what he calls it) might help you out. It details how fungi can be used to filter contaminated water to some extent. I donwloaded it from here http://www.mediafire.com/?g2mwkv5olqw hope hta helps a bit

There are a few celebrity permies doing mycoremedial work. I don't have references on me at the moment, but i know the eco-feminist Starhawk has done work with Stamets in this field.

Maybe show us your work when you're finished. I'm sure it'd be of interest to plenty of people here.

Which Uni are you at? There are a few people at Sydney Uni that should be able to point you to some good primary literature.

Also, PM me your email address as I have about 30 fungi textbooks, some of which focus on bio-remediation. That goes for anyone else that might be keen for them too. Does anyone know of a replacement for megaupload? I can upload a zip with all of them if anyone is keen.