The Corroboree
hebrew

cactus for sale

ok i know there is always cuts going for sale here

but thought i would throw some cuts up here if people are interested, please reply which plant you want, so others dont go for the same. All plants are in the ground, and wont be cut unless sold, which is why i prefer pickup i am in western suburbs of melbourne but can meet in footscray most days of the week if easier, getting to the post office is a right chore, but if i post buyer pays postage, where suitable express post will be sent, either 500g or 3kg depending on the size and weight of plant.

i am not up with the price of plants these days, so if you think i have overpriced please make a suitable offer for consideration.

30cm semi monstrose/melted wax - $30

have had this clone for over 6 years, came orginally from an elderly victorian collector somewhere in the eastern suburbs.

23e3ce3c.jpg

Super Pedro

bought from Vic Markets about 7 years ago, been in ground for 6 years, and now this has become one huge monster of a plant, towering over 6 feet with multiple basal pups that are thicker than my arm. 2 cuts available, this is going to be heavy for postage

2a. 30cm $30

2b. 30cm $30

558e7205.jpg

Edited by VelvetSiren
  • Like 1

3. Eileen

recieved from Ed years ago, also a very large plant

3a. 40cm $40

3b. 40cm $40

3c. 40cm $40

3d. 40cm $40

1926c4b9.jpg

b42c118b.jpg

• Like 2

last a clone no name given to it, looks like other bridgesii's but something different about it, i have grown this one from a very small cut and it has been interesting to watch it grow over the years. i will call it hebrew but i pretty have pretty mich given up ID'ing cactus, apart from its most generic qualities, pach, bridge, etc.

4. 26cm tip $25

first pic is from the mother plant showing mature spines, second pic is the cut

a3993798.jpg

f3e72753.jpg

last one looks like skinny vs, did u get the cut from yowie?

I think ur Prices are very fair. Where have you been old friend?

Prices are consistantly over $1 a cm for good cacti from what I see and understand.

that last one is very intrigueing... where did you source the cut?

and i second what incog said... $1 = 1cm

...unless it's PC.

then it's like, free. like a christmas fruitcake that no-one wants, it gets passed from person to person, until someone sighs and sticks it in an old pot with crumbly leaves for soil, forever forgotten and turning a brighter shade of yellow with each season, until the callouses and sunburn consume the plant and all that remains is a brown, dirty upright core... the little engine, that couldn't.

but yeah... that last cacti up there... very intrigueing...

are you able to tell PC from non PC hunnicutt?

last one looks like skinny vs, did u get the cut from yowie?

None of these have come from Yowie. I may have given cuts of them to Yowie but is not the skinny he brought down from up north. These are all from Victorian collectors

Edited by VelvetSiren

I think ur Prices are very fair. Where have you been old friend?

Prices are consistantly over $1 a cm for good cacti from what I see and understand.

Cheers bro. I been around. Working my arse off and spending time with family. Hope your well mate. Has been ages ay

I don't see any PC in amongst this lot. The last one is bridgesoid, if anything.

Hmm, very tempting VS. Will have to see how my funds go and how long they last here, Some nice cacti right there :worship:

i am not selling any PC here. and yes the last is a bridgesiod, that is all i know in terms of lumping it into a catagory

cheers :)

are you able to tell PC from non PC hunnicutt?

better than your ability to interpret a sentence.

i don't see PC anywhere. i was referring to incogs' pricing proposal.

beautiful cacti, and still very interested in the source of that last one.

cheerios.

The last one comes from the same collector as the first cactus collected by an old member from this forum the collector was known to not part with their cactus easily. As far as I know there is not many of these particular clones out there but I don't know. It's bridgesiod as I have always known it to be.

nice colection. how much do you think a 30 cm chunk of the san ped would be for postage ?

do you mean super pedro or san pedro, i havent put ay san pedro ie pachanot up for sale here but can easily cut some got more than you can poke a stick at. super pedro i guess will fit within the 3kg express post range. so whatever that price is, this is the cactus i would prefer for pickup due to its weight and size. but if you are willing to pay postage then no worries,

yea sorry the super pedro. yea fully pick up would be heaps better i live at the gold coast though thats along way away. ill talk to the post office and get back to you thanks mate

no worries i am pretty sure it would be the cost of an express post stachel for 3kgs whatever that price is, $13 or something?

Trust me hebs, post then charge postage once u know the right amount. I've been slammed at the p.o more than twice guessing postage. Fuckin awesome to see u around mun, one can only imagine what u have been up. Are u still making parfum? If so I would be keen to purchase?

Edited by incognito

hey bro, man i been fucked both ways. buyer not paying once, anyway, thats the way it goes, not all that concerned. nah not making perfumes, no time, real busy writing a thesis, and working etc.

good to see you too man, often wonder how you are going.

i guess these cacti are not exotic enough these days, i remember the days when Eileen was rare, holy shit how times change ay. now everyone has a cut of Eileen or yowie etc.

its good though man, i am where i want to be with my cactus, self sufficient, some of your clones are going on nicely, however, i must weed the garden. so i can admire them without the fucking weeds

• Like 1

VelvetSiren a thesis hey, what field?

And you have made your own perfumes mate that's pretty cool, my guess would be chemistry then... :)

I was going to have a go at perfumes, started to accumulate ingredients but haven't had time too many projects going all at the same time.

Cheers

J.

i too am interested in what your field of study is VS :)

it's nice to see some fellow academics on here.

i am writing and producing art, under the umbrella term 'place-based arts education', which is about making education curriculum and pedagogy driven by the needs of the local place institutions are accountable to. but not only this, the definition of place instersects aboriginal and non-aboriginal world views, knowledges and processes. so therefore, my study is looking at a holistic approach to art education that draws upon Indigenous and non-indigenous perspectives with my methodology being autoethnography, i will be examining the physical and spiritual aspects of place and the meanings we assign to place through the lens of an artist. with the intention to inform and reform policy that is embedded in a neo-liberal, standardised, monoculture. Challenging the approaches education currently aligns itself with, promoting deep connections with local communities, aboriginal and non-aboriginal, and emancipating the four walls students are confined too.

something like that.

perfumes, i used to make quite a few scents, that were more of an alchemic process for the purposes of working with plant spirits. by combining various plants in combination for certain uses in ceremony. however, i no longer have time to do this, and only make up small batches for myself if needed, these days i work in different ways, which is usually through smoke (incense) however, as you grow and adapt and learn from your local place and plants, you learn new ways of working with the entities of place.

anyway, i guess i been writing for the last 3 hours so need to get some sleep

• Like 3

Wow that sounds intense... I can't make heads or tails of it ... good luck either way, as long as you like what you are doing.

I had no idea that a different more spiritual approach could be used to make perfumes other then the pharma way, learn something new every day :)

Thanks for the explanation I am surprised you could be bothered since you had been writing for hours already.

Cheers

J.

in south america there are all different types of curanderos, you have some called perfumeros, i had drawn a great deal of inspiration from what i knew about them, and from speaking with some perfumeros elsewhere in the world, i also learnt a great deal from palo mayombe and its use of scents in its rituals, and yes there is science in there too.