The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
2b

deaf people dreaming ?

Can any one tell me if deaf people use sign language when they dream ? If they don't do they hear ? :confused:

Hm, that's a pretty interesting thought. It makes me wonder how blind people dream. Especially those that were born blind. :confused:

My parents are deaf - and I can tell you that if they are saying something they are usually signing it!

They don't dream about sounds - but just like in their waking life - they can dream about the vibrations sound makes. (We dream about a super-loud bang - they dream about a big tremor-shake!)

DO I use my tongue when I dream?

I honestly can never remember speaking in my dreams.Maybe what's important is activation of deeper grammatical structures in dreaming that do not depend on any particular mode of instantiation.

Good point Thelma , i can't say i remember using my tounge to talk but i do hear things. Loud scarry ones , soothing ones , people yelling ( oh no the voices in my head !!- just kidding) music , machines no doubt about it i hear things in my dreams.

Thelema:

I honestly can never remember speaking in my dreams.

I'm a very heavy dreamer and am positive that i talk during my dreams(in them, not out loud to 'reality'). Have had countless in depth conversations with whoever is the main focus in the particular dream, but it's still only a part of the dream. Have had alot of conversations with people that have had strong impacts in my life, especially over the last few years, that I sadly no longer see but yearn for them in dream, can be extremely sad and depressing when you wake up

I know I talk in my dreams ... "come here" ... "go away" ... :P I was hoping for some special dreams after I got some mugwort ... but didn't get very far :confused:

apparently deaf people do sign in their sleep. just as people talk in their sleep. the same part of the brain is activated and the natural action results, be that your tongue or your hands.