The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mud

Graft question, idea

Forgive my innocence to the whole idea of grafting..

but I was wondering..

I look out at a large columnar whose base reaches at a 45 deg angle. When it's new growth gets big enough. i'm sure its only enough time till it collapses. It needs support..

can another type of columnar be grown underneath it, so as to gratf the main growth to an aerole?

Then the cactus above it would kinda be truly both plants, or something?

Thanks

I've seen two trees grafted together to make an archway, don't know about cacti though I don't see why it wouldn't work, if the graft took would the thing grow twice as fast you think?

That and both cactus would be packing earth energy, u know, the whole of its being.

Seems like two forms growing actively, aligned, would just want to do this..

give it a crack mate and keep us updated!

yes, it will work. tricky getting them to fit well and heal together but certainly works.

So you could theoretically make a teepee out of 10 or so columns and graft them all together with a loph or something at the top? That would look awesome :)

• Like 1

Yes, you can. you can graft anything together. a few years back i made a person graft (like a stickman). unfortunately we got bad rains shortly after and the body section rotted. but anything is possible, just gotta give thought to how to heal it together and how its going to grow. I know a guy here who makes horse grafts of Pachira trees. get creative!

• Like 1