The Corroboree
SayN

Fungus on Trichs?

With all the wet weather we're having in the eastern states, my trich's have got some bad fungus (or perhaps its scale). What would you recommend as a treatment?

post-5949-0-39697800-1328785240_thumb.jp

post-5949-0-82234100-1328785271_thumb.jp

post-5949-0-39697800-1328785240_thumb.jpg

post-5949-0-82234100-1328785271_thumb.jpg

post-5949-0-39697800-1328785240_thumb.jpg

post-5949-0-82234100-1328785271_thumb.jpg

Hi CrayZ, No fungus but bugs! I think the english word is scale. You should be able to brush em off with a very strong scrubber. bye Eg

yeah i get an outbreak atleast once a year growing inside on an enclose balcony.

at that stage i believe it will leave scarring, if you catch it really early just scrape it off regularly.

DON'T do what i did and leave it any longer, the tip will be ruined. If left too long the scarring turns to rot.

neem oil will help kill them its alot easier than scraping them off all you gotta do is spray it on

if you leave the bits on there the skin will go very bad. i believe that to be a terrible idea jwerta.

After gently brushing the scale off, an oil type natural pestacide will drown the mites. Ive never done this because if the oil is left and the skin is in sunlight very bad things can happen to your prize cactus!

Try on a test patch before covering your collection with it, or you may come back to total death and destruction!

i usually scrape them off then give the cacti a bit of a water with some weak bicarb soda solution, i forget where i read to do that or why, but it seems to kill the eggs and produce an environment in the soil where they can't further reproduce and climb back up your cactus.

good luck getting rid of them crayz

oops sorry :blush: I should have mentioned that you should wash the oil off after a day or two and keep the cacti in the shade when putting neem oil on