The Corroboree
korbbit

phalaris, will it spread?(i want it to)

I just bought a turkey red phalaris plant, and im wondering if it will spread if i plant it in an open patch of soil..

for example if one were to plant one phalaris plant in the centre of a bare yard, will the yard eventually be covered in the grass? would this only happen by the plant dropping seeds?

Edited by korbbit

yes it will spread as it is a weed which readily drops hundreds and hundreds of seed... and im sure it would soon become out of control

Yeah it'll spread. Hope youre talking about a patch in your backyard don't want that running rampant in the wild :)

• Like 1

mmmm gramine

apparently doing a normal a/b and pulling with shellite almost eliminates the gramine. not that i intend to do that though

apparently doing a normal a/b and pulling with shellite almost eliminates the gramine. not that i intend to do that though

i agree, hmmmm, wasn't that me who first reported that, hehehe.

gramine, is not very soluble in shellite.

hmmm, above said is not illegal info, i hope, (unless reading and refering to) the merck index, is illegal already.

aswell, people from overseas reported, that the "wild phalaris" can't be, processed safly.

i've heard through amature science advocates that the oily yellow mess which can be produced through a/b on phalaris can be reduced through the exclusion of stems, and the exclusive use of foliage, meaning unless you have a big back yard, wild may be the only way

fuck sorting through the stems and foilage!!!!!! doing small amounts of pruning and sorting shits me lol

what about desmanthus does this have similar grammine concentrations to phalaris?

sorry to go off topic

phalaris taking over the world, like a contagion giving everyone the phalaris staggers and robotic biomechanical elves laughing at us from far in the galaxy controlling us like video games....doesnt seem all bad if it spreads cant be any worse then corporate greed!

phalaris taking over the world, like a contagion giving everyone the phalaris staggers and robotic biomechanical elves laughing at us from far in the galaxy controlling us like video games....doesnt seem all bad if it spreads cant be any worse then corporate greed!

Well except that it destroys the chance for native plants to grow as it out competes with them

As long as you dont let it escape into the bush im happy for you to grow it

• Like 1

I just bought a turkey red phalaris plant, and im wondering if it will spread if i plant it in an open patch of soil..

for example if one were to plant one phalaris plant in the centre of a bare yard, will the yard eventually be covered in the grass? would this only happen by the plant dropping seeds?

You can make cuttings. Take woody stems with three nodes, and put it in tap water, in two weeks or so, It began rooting.