The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
amanito

Mongolia

Mongolia_Beautiful-landscape_2304.jpg

Anyone here who's ever been in Mongolia? It's one of my goals in life to travel through Mongolia. This year I'll be hopefully finishing school, so I hope that next year I can start by learning some basic Russian by myself for a few years. I'd like to go for a few months without a guide and be able to talk to people .. Sure, I could also learn Mongolian, but that's gonna be a lot harder :).

• Like 3

Bruce Parry in Mongolia part 1, the rest is listed next to the vid:

Here's my plan: Mongolia and then onto the Central Asian States (especially Uzbekistan), and then Iran, through to Azerbaijan, Armenia, Turkey and then down to Syria, and settle in Lebanon for a year.

That's what I'm doing with my retirement. :)

• Like 2

trippy travel destination......... hope you can still come accross a native healer shaman. Just make sure you have an image of a amanita with you and and image of a shaman beating its drum. :-)

Kazachstan is also very very very beautiful and fucking huge. I would love to go Afghanistan as well ... after reading the kite runner, besides the tragic history of the country the author also paints a beautiful portrait of a beautiful country. The hippies used to go there in the seventies.

Fucking Taliban destroyed those Buddha statuethingies in the mountainrocks.

Shit, my English really gets bad after whine , wine? and bromazepam, better go to bed. Bye

• Like 1

Btw, Marcel, a friend of mine went to Iran to skie in between the two gulf wars, he had nice experiences. The country actually has a lot to offer and also beautiful cities.

It's very ironicand sad to see how after dictators in the middle east are being '''eliminated'' nowadays more radical movements are going to replace them.

I found a school close to the house to study Russian. I'll start in September and I'll try to eventually do some extra studying on my own to maybe skip a level later on through exams. In five years from now on I wanna be riding a horse somewhere in Mongolia, so like a good communist I have a five-year plan: I will learn Russian, which is spoken by a lot of Mongolians and I will be able to use it in Siberia, Kamchatka, Kazachstan and all that. I also wanna lose weight and start walking on a frequent base to build up condition so I can hike and I plan on taking horseriding classes later on :).

make sure you go in summer, these places are freezing in winter. ray mears did a good show on mongolia:

Semi unrealted but this is a clip of mongolian troat singing. Jump to 0:25 its worth watching.