The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Auxin

Resolution Adherance Poll

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People often whine that 'no one' ever lives up to their new years resolution ideals, and admittedly some people just state their wishes or the less desired of two mutually exclusive desires as their resolution, so I'm curious about just how many follow through.

I dont count 'get a cuppa' or 'smoke a rollie' as valid resolutions.

Just the significant ones like quitting smoking, losing XX kilos, getting off heroin, exercising every day, getting the house back from the ex. The stuff that takes real effort.

I never was one to make them until 5 years ago when I quit smoking on my first attempt by sheer force of will (no pills or powders, gums or stickers). Then I didnt make one again until last year when I abruptly quit eating/drinking any animal products and synthetic trans fats, that worked too :) I dont think this years counts since I got half way there in the last 6 months already- this year I'm consuming virtually no junk food, white flour, or soy products and limiting refined fats to just 1% of my caloric intake. Thats just a continuation of the momentum of last year tho.

So I've attempted and succeeded in 2

May be resolutions would fail if I tried to have a new one every year :scratchhead:

I only do one when I want to succeed

Good idea for a poll.

My new years resolution 2 years ago was to quit cigarettes, which I did.

Last years was to cut back on drinking to a safer level and finish this fucking PhD, both of which failed.

I will succeed this year (starting tomorrow, of course. I can't not have new years day drinkies now, can I? :lol:), same resolutions. And to lose a couple of kilo's and get a bit fitter before my wife pops out this baby in a few months. I want to be an active daddy.

Don't think i'm setting them per se, i have a lot of goals/ambitions but they've been in the making for a longer period of time so we'll have to just see how life turns out.

I realised I'd done three of last years' resolutions the other day. Start meditating (in my own way), be a better friend, end an unhealthy relationship, and go to rehab. Looks like I have to do the last one again, but at least it's nowhere as scary next time.

Edit: maybe by next year I'll resolve to count better *eyeroll*

Edited by FancyPants

I don't want to de-rail this thread, but ..ah,,, that is an important bit of information that you slipped in here Alice. A baby !!!???

I will succeed this year (starting tomorrow, of course. I can't not have new years day drinkies now, can I? :lol:), same resolutions. And to lose a couple of kilo's and get a bit fitter before my wife pops out this baby in a few months. I want to be an active daddy.

I want to take this opportunity to say CONGRATULATIONS :) and warn you that be prepared, cause parenting will be nothing like you expect. Lets us know when JNR Alice enters the world hey?!.

Not quite a New Years Resolution, but this year i would like to spend less time on-line and more time in the garden..... We will see. Not starting today though :P

Thanks Amz :) Will definately let you all know when he or she arrives, due June. We've both very excited, also very good motivation to get my shit together and succeed with these resolutions!

• Like 2