The Corroboree

Hello,

I decided that I would like to get some Eucalyptus leaves to put with some otehr herbs to make a tea that would be good for my breathing. I read that the Blue Gum is good for making tea out of and I've found this branch that had blown off a tree that looks like a Eucalyptus leucoxylon which is the South Australian Blue Gum or Yellow Gum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucalyptus_leucoxylon

From the pictures I've taken could anyone tell me if this is actually a Eucalyptus leucoxylon? Is this type suitable for making tea out of?

It gives off a very nice smell when I burn the leaves and it has the Eucalyptus smell when i crush one of the leaves between my fingers.

Is it dangerous at all if I make tea out of the wrong type gum tree leaves?

Thanks,

Rainer

post-10293-0-18783800-1322633597_thumb.j

post-10293-0-48074000-1322633617_thumb.j

post-10293-0-18783800-1322633597_thumb.jpg

post-10293-0-48074000-1322633617_thumb.jpg

post-10293-0-18783800-1322633597_thumb.jpg

post-10293-0-48074000-1322633617_thumb.jpg

koalas stomaches can prossess the oils wich can be pioson to other Mamals.

And it says cats cant have any because their bodies are not able to break down the oils or something.

I tried a tea with 2 medium sized leaves and used water that was not quite boiled, perhaps 80 degrees, and it's quite nice but very mild in taste. My breathing seems very clear now.

Well, take it easy. Dont wana make yourself sick!

Hi,

it is certainly true, that use of Eucalyptus leaves need take care as to which variety, and that Koala are very picky

I have two interesting facts to add:

tea is made from trees in the paperbark family, from the bark, but maybe not all of the paperbarks, but the one I know about grows in the tropics, and maybe all are safe

the tea is a medicine, . . . but how to know if it is needed, would not be from any particular single symptom, but rather overal patterns in disease. a sort of too much wondering about what you look like kind of psychology, which was causing any health problems associated with that psychology

how Koala's learn to manage a diet of Eucalyptus leaves, when young, is interesting:

the mother gets her own shit and softens it with milk in her pouch, leaving it in there until the milk in the milk-shit mix curdles

the feeds it to her baby while weaning the baby

clever huh!

Thats a gross, but interesting fact :scratchhead: Paperbark and eucalypus are two completely different species though. Paperbark is similar to the species tea-tree oil comes from. Eucalyptus could be toxic in higher doses, so im not sure how good an idea it is to make a tea from it

without wiki or whatever i do recall something about toxicity in the leaves, possibly even cyanide im not sure. there is a person called teotzcoatl here that has a signature you should probably read. man there is no point in killing yourself for what at most will be a limited high or at best knowledge already stale from many hundreds of generations. we all like to think we are the first to find and do stuff but i assure you that you are not and there is a reason why. its the simple reason why cheese and tomato sandwhiches taste so good and cheese and avocado and tuna doesnt, even thouigh many people believe they are the first generation to achieve greatness i can promise you that your great grandfather was trying to fuck 18 year olds too.......the biggest fools in life are those who think they are achieving something new by baking bread, dont make the mistake in thinking you are different. the leaves you speak of will only bring you pain......possibly for the rest of your life.

yep, as above.

however, i found, that throwing camphora leaves into hot water and inhaling the steam a couple of times can help a lot aswell, to clear the sinus or migigate bronchial issues, but even this methode, might posse some risks, if you use the wrong plant material.

Is he still alive? Havnt seen him around apart from this thread :huh: maybe he had to many leaves lol