The Corroboree
Goldtop

Kava

I found a kilo or so of kava at my place recently that would have to be about 8 years old ! Is it worth using? I have no idea how volatile the actives are to survive so long.

I brought a kilo of kava with me from Fiji last December. Do these laws allow me to give it (for free) to other people (like, people on this forum), or is it technically only for me?

Ill happily buy a little bit from you marcel, should the rules allow so :)

I found a kilo or so of kava at my place recently that would have to be about 8 years old ! Is it worth using? I have no idea how volatile the actives are to survive so long.

I would love to just 'find' some at my place!

I haven't seen the specific legislation that covers Kava, so I don't really know. Usually, when something is controlled you don't get a loophole like that, so it's all a bit confusing. I wouldn't go selling the stuff until I found out more though.

I suffer from anxiety, and honestly it really sucks.

Stops me from living a some what normal life.

Hoping one day i can go to fiji to try kava as i feel its going to be alot better than the dam diazepam tablets.

Arsea

Arsea, go onto onnit.com, they sell this thing called new mood. Worth trying out. Its a natural anti depressant, ment to work great for anxiety troubles, i havent tried it yet but ive heard good things. Tried their other products and they work great. And yes a good intake of kava kava :)

Thanks Goldtop i will def look into it.

Arsea

I suffer from anxiety, and honestly it really sucks.

Have you tried sceletium ? If you want a freebie 1g for insufflation, PM me.

I would love to just 'find' some at my place!

I'm always finding shit that I have stashed away. A month ago I found a jar of blue lotus flowers steeped in vodka. And when we ran out of supplies at 3am this morning, I found a small bud in my bedside drawers, of all places ! Want even looking for any

Also have try sceletium. Kanna.

To not much a vale.

Im guessin or hoping i will grow over it, im only still relativity young 25.

I also feel its not exactly i, who have the problem, it just may be the world i have been borne into.

You may think its a cop out and it just may well be.

But i believe in divine justice and live in its accord.

Arsea

i got some mulungu powder off a mate..,.he claims its 'kind of like' kava but havent tried it yet

Edited by eatingsand

bit of a hijack but i was kindly gifted 12g of waka waka from a meber on here, but have no idea how to use it....its so fine it looks like it could be that kava instant shit, but apparently this waka waka is made from the lateral end roots only, which is said to be much more potent in kavalactones, but also much safer than the main root (and especially leaves) which are beleived to contain something (they know what it is but i cant remember) that is very bad for your kidneys and liver, and apprently even just kavalatones are dangerous/ ulcerative when combined with alcohol.

can someone help me out? do i just put 3 tablespoons in water stir and drink or some shit? lol ive had it for like 8 months now and want to use it before it goes stale/off...anyone know the half-life of kavalactones?

put the kava powder in a muslin cloth or similar, soak in water for a fair while like a tea bag occasionaly squeezing the cloth every now and then. let soak for minimum an hour, the longer the better. i like to put a little bit of milk in the water also, as i am under the impression they are more soluble in fat than water. when my family came back from fiji a few years ago, each with 2kg in their bag, no one else fancied drinking any when we got back. some good times were had by me...

• Like 1

Ive found 10 - 20 mins in hot water does the job, but when i strain it with a tea bag or cloth or whatever, the feeling wears off alot quicker. If you can handle the taste, just drop whatever amount your gonna do, but mix the powder in with the drink and down it that way. The taste is horrid but! Cooled down kava tea and coola cordial is my way of drinking it :) Couple of ice cubes and ya good to go

this waka waka is made from the lateral end roots only, which is said to be much more potent in kavalactones, but also much safer than the main root (and especially leaves) which are beleived to contain something (they know what it is but i cant remember) that is very bad for your kidneys and liver

My understanding is that some greedy entrepreneurs started flogging kava kava (as in ingredient in diet pills or some such) and ignored the traditional knowledge, ended up including a lot the aerial parts of the plant, the leaves etc. This is what's believed to contribute to liver toxicity. No evidence has been presented that supports the theory of liver damage when traditional users of root material have been tested. All this was 10-15 years ago, but it seems the damage to kava kava's reputation is still tainted.

There may be more recent studies to support the claims, but I have not heard of them.

• Like 1

bit of a hijack but i was kindly gifted 12g of waka waka from a meber on here, but have no idea how to use it....its so fine it looks like it could be that kava instant shit, but apparently this waka waka is made from the lateral end roots only, which is said to be much more potent in kavalactones, but also much safer than the main root (and especially leaves) which are beleived to contain something (they know what it is but i cant remember) that is very bad for your kidneys and liver, and apprently even just kavalatones are dangerous/ ulcerative when combined with alcohol.

Lucky man, Waka grade is the best I have been able to find. I have heard the same thing about it being made from the laterals. Keen to try making something similar from my plants laterals.

Don't bother with Fijian stuff I have tried it numerous times and it is very weak and the effects are different. V

The Yogi brand Kava tea is good and quick to use as it's tea bags with Kava extracts, doesn't have all the qualities of a nice bag of Waka though.

2 - 3 level table spoons should be right with Waka, seems the addequate dose for myself and my partner.

YMMV but go easy, when I have overdone it with Waka before I have passed out an woken up the next day feeling the effects strongly still.

And yes, when I'm lazy (most of the time) I use the method you described, 3 spoons in water, stir, drink water, add more, constantly stirring

Don't use boiling or hot water it apparently kills some of the goodies, I use luke warm or cold water.

Mixing with milk seems to work even better, I think there is an old post from Torsten about making some sorta milkshakes that were tasty.

Milk and honey is a favourite of mine but more than a big glass of milk can be hard on the tum!

I never bother straining it and usually end up regretting it, seems to add more of a bodyload too if you eat it all :rolleyes:

Look up some British recipies, isn't it a staple there at christmas etc? Unless has Peep Show misinformed me..

Would it be possible for me travelling to Australia (NZ citizen, never been to Aus before) to take 2kg with me on the plane? Or is it only for Aussies coming home from holiday?

Also, how bad an idea is it to make an ethanol tincture of some Waka powder? The alcohol+kava combo that is..

Edited by centipede

Really? Wow. I must say that I feel barely anything with kava, at any grade. Never tried adding anything but water to it, though. I'll give the milkshake idea a go next time.

Really? Wow. I must say that I feel barely anything with kava, at any grade. Never tried adding anything but water to it, though. I'll give the milkshake idea a go next time.

Are you simply stirring into liquid ? Because you need to massage the powder in water for about 30 minutes to get both the product and the user in a good state of mind.

Ok, maybe not, but you do need to massage it in water for 30 minutes.

Oh yeah, I've massaged that shit for an hour and a half and then dumped the powder in, and drunken the whole lot and still nothing.

If your dumping the powder in, whats the point of massaging shit for an hour and fucking around with it? Either way its gonna be injested, you could eat it by the spoon and id say itll be processed in your body. Just try more marcel, its very subtle, to me its like the happiness and carefree feelin i get from ganj. Faint, but it should do something?

Why are you massaging shit? Is this some kind of permaculture technique I haven't heard of yet?

• Like 1

Why are you massaging shit? Is this some kind of permaculture technique I haven't heard of yet?

Rudolph Steiner made me do it.

If your dumping the powder in, whats the point of massaging shit for an hour and fucking around with it?

When you massage the kava into water it helps greatly with emulsification, and can be digested properly, with the actives entering the boodstream more effectively than dumping spoons of the stuff into a glass and simply stirring.

You wouldn't take a small bud of ganja orally, expecting it to work. It needs a specific preparation and method of consumption. So too with kava kava

I

EDIT.... Nevermind Psylo Dread wins the race

Edited by Rumple Foreskin

You wouldn't take a small bud of ganja orally, expecting it to work. It needs a specific preparation and method of consumption. So too with kava kava

haha thats school kid shit psylo :P im comparing the feelings from the substances, not relating consumption methods. Ive had great results without massaging my powder though, i got no references to back it but it works for me :)

Anyone had experience smoking kava kava?