The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Smiling Cloud

Spells to help plants?

I recently planted some belladonna and henbane. I think it's only fair that i pay homage to their roots and bless them with some kind of spell. Anyone know any?

ermm- a blessing is fairly simple. just decide which aspect ov yourself/the plant you wish to bless. take into account any symbolic system or archetypes you will & chose an "higher being" from any religeous system, that embodies those qualities.

next decide what substance you are going to use as a symbol ov this blessing- water is pretty good for a plant, but oil, milk, coal dust, ash, henna- whatever.

i suggest it maybe best to buy the best quality water/substance, as a sacrifice.

put the substance in some sort ov ritual container, that will also embody some aspect ov the "higher being"/plant/yourself to make it easier for you to concentrate.

in a quiet place, or in the garden- if you can concentrate there- concentrate on the aspects ov the "higher being" & nothing else. in loving respect offer the substance to the "higher being".

concentrate on the shared aspects ov the substance & the "HB" for afew moments.

move to the plant, in loving respect sprinkle the plants w/the substance while saying some form ov blessing in the name ov the "H.B", & while concentrating on the shared aspects ov a)the "H.B" & the substance, B) the shared aspects ov the plant & you & c)the shared aspects ov the "H.B"/substance & the plant/you.

concentrate on these for a few moments after.

all ov this is to be done in a joyfull & loving attitude- no solemnity here. you are also free to interpret this ritual any way you want.

spells are another kettle ov fish - you start to get into true invocations/evocations, & need to be alot more prepared than for a simple blessing invocation. you should take a look at the sight i posted for philip h. farber, in the ethnogens forum in my last reply to the "altered states" post. hope that helps :)

slightly off topic but if i'm having trouble with some kind of seed i sometimes try a bit of sympathetic magic.

for instance i scatter any dross from seed collecting into my garden.get the genetic material into the plant environment.

often i get a plant, and those seeds of the same species that wouldnt come up, are soon popping up too.

t s t .