The Corroboree
cactuscarl

au post sucks

So i sent out heaps of seed to a few different ppl for the grafting comp on the 1st and nobody has received anything, it's causing so much stress and i feel awful. I put my return address on them just in case which i don't usually do. When i went to the post office and complained they said to wait at least 3 weeks then come complain then basically told me if they are missing i wouldn't get a refund for anything lost wtf

How do they even loose 6 packets the incompetent f@+*# anyways i have a few questions

Are they obligated to give me a refund and has anyone ever got a refund for contents for regular post?

Is there anything i can do about this or have i just been screwed ?

Moral of the story au post sucks and USE REGISTERED MAIL

It took 17 days for a parcel I sent from bris to cairns. SO they still might get there. I cant understand how it takes that long but they arent the greatest business going

Yeah I'm still holding out hope I've had packages take so long i could have walked them there quicker. I just can't believe there policy is if we loose it to bad, doesn't seem right or even legal to me

Au post sucks :(

To true, I work for them and they are seriously one of the most incompetent companies I've ever had the displeasure of being a customer/employee of. :BANGHEAD2:

Yes they do suck! Sent some seeds out to toast ages ago and he still hasn't got them!

To true, I work for them and they are seriously one of the most incompetent companies I've ever had the displeasure of being a customer/employee of. :BANGHEAD2:

me too friend. lucky i had uni coming up so i got to quit...they were like "but frank you said you were looking for long term employment :( (puppy face)" and i didn't feel bad at all. crappy place to work. theyre not that bad though. if you ever use the UK's (better named but..) Royal Mail you will understand a bad service. Their post offices are more like probation offices (not that i have ever been on probation, i just mean like in the movies); you line up, literally for an hour, then when you get the front you get to talk to someone who is behind glass who deals with your shit. its like a horrible old fashioned bank/prison. then its really expensive. so yeah AP sux but overseas things are much worse.

as for the actual topic of this thread, is it possibly you didnt put the correct postage on? you can't just cram seeds into an envelope, whack any stamp on it and send it off. im not saying you have done this, but you would be surprised...if you actually got it weighed and priced properly in an office then yeah, blame your usual AP incompetence...

wash your mouths out with soap -- australia post has one of the most efficient postal services in the world, while the cost of mailing a basic letter remains one of the cheapest in the world.

cunts only complain when things go bad.

i've never lost a thing in the post. so while my personal life turns to shit, at least i can be assured that all threats about my loan defaults and electricity getting cut off will most certainly arrive to in a timely fashion.

• Like 1

:(

they still suck to work for though. they don't pay you overtime, even though you can work up to an hour over every single day, and you are supposed to be paid by the hour! or has this finally changed? i don't see how it is legal but everyone who works there just puts up with it for some reason.

also i am pretty sure my mailman opens all our mail...the corner is ALWAYS torn a little bit in the same spot. also he took our keys when we left them in the mail box for a friend to collect. sneaky arsehole. of course i may be imagining all of this; the tears might be from processing and anyone else could have taken the key. but why bother??

of course this guy is not a real AP employee but works for an LPO (licenced post office). now those are dodgy, no debate there...

i once had some graduation photos sent to me, professionally done cost about 165 or something. so with photos they come in stiff carboard with a big notice on the front saying "PHOTOS DO NOT BEND". so the postie bends them in half and shoves them in the 2cm gap in my letter box. so yeah, oz post rocks..... :wave-finger:

i once had some graduation photos sent to me, professionally done cost about 165 or something. so with photos they come in stiff carboard with a big notice on the front saying "PHOTOS DO NOT BEND". so the postie bends them in half and shoves them in the 2cm gap in my letter box. so yeah, oz post rocks..... :wave-finger:

I'd say that's more the posty being a dick and/or not reading the labels.

I've honestly never had an issue with Auspost. Nothing lost, mangled or maimed. The worst I've had is the corner of a parcel slightly bent.

6 lots all weighed and sent by the post office in padded bags

I've had other problems too i had other stuff go missing and I've had the posty drop three one metre long Pedro on there head and totally smash the tips. I had to cut them up they went from metre long beautiful flowering tips to 30cm pieces of crappy log :)