The Corroboree
mooms

new grower, new garden

i became curious of plants about 6 months ago, but didnt start collecting anything as we were coming into winter down here. so, now that the weather is looking good, im keen to get a garden started. im starting completely from scratch, apart from a cactus i picked up a while back.

im thinking about growing the following:

- Iboga

- Tagetes lucida

- catha edulis - khat

- sceletium tortuosum - kanna

- zornia latifolia - maconha brava

- acacia sp

- Calea zacatechichi - Mexican Dream Herb

- Turnera diffusa - Damiana

- Argyreia nervosa

- Trichocereus sp

- Piper methysticum - Kava

- ...as well as anything recommended as a garden "must have". im happy to give anything ago. learning by doing... all that good stuff. im looking for seeds, seedlings or plants.

im in melboure, so if you think anything here doesnt really belong, i would love to hear it.

obviously i dont have anything to trade but cash.

Edited by mooms

Hawaiian woodrose don't bother in Melbs bro, will never flower. Kava will be problematic, but possible in a greenhouse. The rest should be ok, maybe add Iboga, Tagetes lucida and some morning glories. Good luck it with it all and welcome. Onya Psylo! Also check out the botanical gardens melbs, but be gentle taking cuttings :wink:

Hawaiian woodrose don't bother in Melbs bro, will never flower. Kava will be problematic, but possible in a greenhouse. The rest should be ok, maybe add Iboga, Tagetes lucida and some morning glories. Good luck it with it all and welcome. Onya Psylo! Also check out the botanical gardens melbs, but be gentle taking cuttings :wink:

thanks for the tips. i added Iboga and Tagetes lucida to my list. i forgot that already have some mornig glory seeds i picked up with the cactus a while back. come to think of it i have a few a Argyreia nervosa seed knocking about somewhere as well.

Can give you some Calea seed and I am pretty sure there will be some seeds in my 1kg bag of Damian's ill check when I get home for you. Pm addy and I'll send Calea plus some other goodies when I get back from my honeymoon.

All the best,

DS

Can give you some Calea seed and I am pretty sure there will be some seeds in my 1kg bag of Damian's ill check when I get home for you. Pm addy and I'll send Calea plus some other goodies when I get back from my honeymoon.

All the best,

DS

I like how you very casualy dropped the honey moon in there. :P

I like how you very casualy dropped the honey moon in there. :P

Hehe I am good like that, it's a happy time I want to make sure everyone knows lol. Plus it's a damn good excuse lol !

Also I should add I can send you fresh hbwr, if you want to try growing it anyways who cares if it doesn't flower still beautiful love heart shaped leaves. Got a bunch of others I'll pm you a list once u get me ur addy, or check my trade thread on like the third page or thereabouts of the trading forum to get an idea of around half the stuff I got to offer. Plenty of ornamentals etc too. Just too lazy to catalog them all lol

What exactly is a moom, Mooms?

Forget iboga and kava in Melbs climate unless you can provide good shelter from the winter cold. And don't leave it too late to bring them under shelter too - once the cold shocks them it's usually belly up I'm afraid.

What exactly is a moom, Mooms?

it's short for moomies. idk what a moomies is either. just made it up.

All the best,

DS

loving the friendliness lately. here and irl. it's been a good couple weeks :)

bumpy bump

still looking. lots of free time as well :)