The Corroboree
Psylo

Testing for THC

Do teachers have to undergo sucha test in Oz?

Not to my knowledge. My mother never had to do one.

Also I think the government knows how much they need teachers in this country - not worth losing half the Drama, Art, Music and English teachers by drug testing.

how can you live with yourself, invading people's privacy like that?

It was an unexpected part of a job I took from being inquisitive. Did my best to try and maintain peoples comfort andd dignity through invasive procedures.

I lived with myself stressed and miserable feeling exploited at work trying to pay my way through the rest of my education sleep deprived and constantly exhausted.

I was glad to leave it behind.

Niggles, ever catch anybody out?

No, everyone I remember testing played by the rules. There were many awkward moments and a lot of stage fright.

Mainly people seemed nervous about wasting my time with their stage fright. I really feel other peoples embarassment so i spent a lot of time reassuring and trying to present a calm not hurried or harried exterior, encouraged people to go to the coffee shop across the road (or the pub) and come back when they'd had a few.

Some people were there due to court orders. Most of the others were there voluntarily for job interview screenings. Occasionally there was a visually traumatic episode of brazen urination exhibitionism, but maybe thats due to my delicate sensibilities.

It was an unexpected part of a job I took from being inquisitive. Did my best to try and maintain peoples comfort andd dignity through invasive procedures.

I lived with myself stressed and miserable feeling exploited at work trying to pay my way through the rest of my education sleep deprived and constantly exhausted.

I was glad to leave it behind.

hey man, i should apologise, i overreacted a bit...

not everyone has a choice, and people need to work, it's not like you're a ceo of a tobacco company or anything.

i got a bit weirded out that a person who is a member of a forum like this, with the knowledge they have that the majority of people dont have, could drug screen people.

please dont take my last comment to heart, i'm sure you're a good person.

anyway, i really hate drug screening, and all other forms of oppression.

hey man, i should apologise, i overreacted a bit...

not everyone has a choice, and people need to work, it's not like you're a ceo of a tobacco company or anything.

i got a bit weirded out that a person who is a member of a forum like this, with the knowledge they have that the majority of people dont have, could drug screen people.

please dont take my last comment to heart, i'm sure you're a good person.

anyway, i really hate drug screening, and all other forms of oppression.

No hurt feelings here. I welcome robust conversation :)

I cant say I really agree with it either, doing the job certainly got me useful information so mission accomplished there I guess!