The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
woof woof woof

What & How do you do to keep yourself Spiritually Updated

While we're on sound, any other musos, especially guitarists, notice they don't feel so good if you don't play music for a while?

I prefer to practice about an hour a night. But frequently don't. After about a week without playing, even if I'm out listening to good music, I just lose interest in things, like colours fading in my head, only no loss of visuals.

Have kinda boiled it down to a physical thing. You hold the guitar against your chest, the soundbox resonates against that part of your body that is affected most strongly by noise ( cept for ears )- esp musical vibrations. I think its cartilage around the ribcage, round the same place as the heart chakra. I wonder if that's addictive?

Good excuse to practice more anyhow smile.gif

yeah,i play the coconut shells,

i go insane if i dont play em everyday.

if i leave it to long,my horse just doesnt sound right biggrin.gif

i do a mean table drum solo every chance i get, sometimes i'll switch to plastic drums or anything with a variety of tones. never tried going a day without it so i can't comment on how it feels to abstain.

[This message has been edited by brian (edited 12 July 2002).]

Hey Vendejo,

I personally think that www.quanyin.com website, is bit of bullshit, but you mightn't thats fine with me, but it seems so fake and that asian lady looked so stupid when she dyed her hair blonde....heheh

But I liked that other Engery website, pretty interesting reading.....

[This message has been edited by WarpedAstro (edited 23 July 2002).]

re quan yin - some objective investigation is required.. http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu...nrms/schhi.html

i've been studying as much as possible about these inner light/sound movements...mostly it's origins, which are quite fascinating & brilliantly expounded but i find it's current state of western propagation is kinda disconcerting.. you really have to delve into these schools of thought to assess them efficiently

Quan Yin, MasterPath, Sant Mat are a few permutations of the light/sound 'teachings' i can recall now....i had this passing impression that dragonfyre has been doing MasterPath corespondence for a little while, but anyhoo...

go the table drums

Hmmmm, me likes, Bagavad Gita and also books of Carlos Castaneda and many other books regarding trippy point of views.

The reason I mention BG and CC are that , BG focuses on the inner eccence of all and CC shows you around a bit, and also explains a bit about how to play around with the natural mystic flow.

After all all work no play makes you dull!