The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mesqualero

Weird Ass dream :P

Guest Mesqualero

Ok I dunno if this is in the right forum..or for that matter if anyone cares but I'd just like to share a very strange dream that i had. And by dream i really do mean a dream..

The dream begins with me contemplating a San Pedro cactus which has three arms, the middle arm being slightly bigger than the two arms on either side (I do not own a cactus that looks like this). In this dream I decide to make a brew out of it and cut large portions off of each Arm.

The dream skips the actual preparation process and I am sitting in a room after having drank the brew, which i have never been in, chatting on the internet when all of a sudden I feel a sudden push and I am floating out of my body and up towards the ceiling.. what once was colour is now a black and white and does not look like perception would look like through ones eyes it is hard to describe...

After a brief moment of floating in this black and white world I again am back in a body, but everything has changed. The reality in the dream has changed and everything looms ominously even things which don't usually "loom" now have sinister overtones.. I am now experiencing the very strange sensation of having a psychedelic experience during a dream. I can't really remember alot of the psychedelic aspects of this dream but I do remember that colour were swirling all around me and bright lights were darting here and there.

I now journey out to the garden where the cactus is.

The cactus has now changed and where once were the tops of the cactus there are now the upper halves of lizards growing there. One lizard head for each arm of the Cactus.

For some strange reason I decide to try and feed the Lizard/Cactus and I hunt a giant cockroach which i feed to the Middle Lizard Head. The lizard doesn't chew or bite the Cockroach but kinda sucks it in.

After this the lizards start trying to eat each other..

This is where the dream ends...

I have had many dreams that involve psychedelic plants.. but none of them have come close to being a replica of a fullblown psychedelic experience like this one..

Peace, Mesq

[This message has been edited by Mesqualero (edited 28 April 2002).]

once dreamt id taken lsd,woke in the morning still feeling seemingly real aftereffects!

t s t .

awesome dream Mesqualero. Its obviously a powerful unconsious message of some sort. Obviously you experienced a form of Astral projection, then re-entered a state of vivid dreaming.

I really like the visuals that the tops of the cacti had turned into Lizard heads. Fuckin freaky. Might be an idea to look into the symbolism of the lizard in magical literature or folk-lore. In many different traditions from around the world the Lizard is an important magical creature. You my friend have a lizard headed cactus to deal with. Now that is a heavy trip for the mind!

It's cool though cause I like Lizards. And I am still scared by one Sunday afternoon when I was mowing the lawn and killed a lizard hiding in the grass. My lawnmower had actually ripped it in half, and it was covered with blood. I felt so sad..way worse than when I piss on the trees. A year to the day that I killed that Lizard, I was involved in a drunken drugged pain awareness night and a near fatal car crash. My soul nearly collapsed as I inflicted the same scars and blood upon myself as I did to that Lizard the year before. Plain Karma.

I must plant a cactus on the sight where he/she died.

Symbols and connections are everywhere, in dreams, conversations, travels, experiences..

It's just a matter of knowing that the pieces fit.

Peace.

Guest Thelema

I once had a dream where i was outside this house, begging to look in through the windows.

All of a sudden I fell down on the lawn in front of the house, and I was feeling sort of LSD-y. Then in my dream I FELL ASLEEP.

Icouldn't wake up, it was like I had revisited the nutmeg daemons of my past..

Suddenly, it was a total lucid dream. I was so pathetic at the time that the only thing I could think of doing was to rape my sister.

So I came inside of her, spewing. And then woke up.

Guest Mesqualero
Originally posted by anubian lights:

Obviously you experienced a form of Astral projection, then re-entered a state of vivid dreaming.

That's what i was thinking... it was like i could see in every direction at once... weird with the black and white though

I really like the visuals that the tops of the cacti had turned into Lizard heads. Fuckin freaky. Might be an idea to look into the symbolism of the lizard in magical literature or folk-lore. In many different traditions from around the world the Lizard is an important magical creature.

I had a quick search apparently in egyptian lore lizards were a symbol of spiritual wisdom.... I would be interested to see if anyone has any links to sites regarding Reptiles in Shamanic cultures

You my friend have a lizard headed cactus to deal with. Now that is a heavy trip for the mind!

Indeed it is I felt the fact that the Pedro was three armed with a central arm being higher was a general replica of the pillars of the Tree of Life in the Qaballah and the Lizards Occupied the Sephirs Chokmah, Binah and Kether if u are at all familiar with the tree of life.

Another interpretation is...

that the Pedro was a representation of our DNA and the Lizards were a representation of the reptilian DNA that has "according to some" been stored inside us by an alien race using Hybridisation so that one day they can activate their DNA inside us and we will be their slaves... that's probably all bullshit though :P

That lizard certainly did pay you back didn't it... shiiiit. Don't mess with reptiles they are too cold hearted.... (I'm a singer not a comedian :P)

I'd also be interested to know about any connection between reptiles and the San Pedro cactus in mythology...

Cheers, Mesq

Guest auto302823

I too have recently briefly dreamt that I was tripping, but though the feeling was similar, it lacked many of the vital sensations. It had many of the wicked visuals but without the dumb awe or sublime terror or astounding insight.

I wonder if its possible to dream a trip fully? Then by extension if its possible to dream it without ever having tripped before. Interesting.

I like the Qabalistic interpretation. Perhaps the cactus trunk is the "middle Pillar" and you need to come back down and be fully grounded in Malkuth before you start experimenting with the higher Sephiroth.

Probably though your experiences are encounters with Yesod which in itself can be terrifying as well as profound.

The Tree of life is an excellent model for consciousness exploration...etc.

However I wouldn't completely rule out the Reptilian Alien DNA Hybridisation theory either. Cause I remember an old TV show I used to dig called "V" I think. Where the aliens came in peace, then turned out to be reptiles trying to enslave mankind.

That show used to freak me out.

Guest Mesqualero

I think you are absolutely right Anubian Lights... hence my post in Psychedelic Expressions.

I still remember that show V I absolutely ADORED it... I woulda been only 5 years old but there was something about that show. I used to anticipate watching it and I remember vaguely being disappointed that it got taken off the air.

Also really love your dream, mesq...it's so real surreal, so plastic...wish I had dreams like that...mmmmm......perhaps sometimes i do just can't remember right now....

Guest Mesqualero

Actually it has been getting to the point where my dreams are so real that i feel I am living two lives. It has been hard recently to remember whether what i have done was in dreaming or whether it was in real life.