The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone really spend much time thinking about death? Its not really like I think about it that much, but I am very curious as to what happens once my physical body dies. What happens then? To me it is perhaps the greatest mystery of conciousness. No one can answer my question, they can only tell me what they have heard, been told, or simply believe as a matter of faith.

I'm not afraid of dying cause then I will finally know the answer. (but I guess I'd be lying if I said there would be no fear, cause no one could approach such ultimite revelation or experience without a sense of complete fear.)

Almost like the fear of an extremely powerful

hallucinogen, one with which you shall never know what kind of reality or state of consciousness you shall find yourself in.

And sometimes you end up finding yourself so far inside the trip that you really believe that there is no way out!

Man.. now I am so freaked out about death that i think I'll wait a while before I take that journey.

Still, it continues to haunt my mind.

But to be positive, life is the coolest experience I have ever know.

I think that dying is an awsome thing...., especially if you prepare yourself for it.

Like Carlos Castaneda says, you should befriend Death... it is the ultimate advisor in life.

why be a fraid... explore your inner sensations to the fullest... "feel!".. & be free...

read spiritual literature / befriend death & your understanding of the final transition will become clearer and clearer with time.

After all Everything is energy All is one!

Unconditional love and understanding!

be well!

B

I'm not worried about dying. If I'm lucky it won't take more than a second or so and speculation about anything after that is for me just speculation.

I spend more time thinking about how to live smile.gif

Those with wisdom understand that it is not death that we fear but the uncertainty of its effects. I think I have a good idea of what death entails and I have made my peace with it.

And, like Darklight, I ride a motorcycle, so it will all be over before I know it's happened- well, most likely, anyway.

waz

I had a certain DMT experience that got me over the fear of death. I love life and I don't want to die and I am simewhat worried about WHEN it is going to end, but I am not concerned about the actual event of the time after. Preferably I would like to get a good warning with plenty of time to get my affairs in order. And obviously it should be painfree.

There is no doubt that i would terminate my life if I got to advanced stages of a terminal disease where I may thereafter not be physically or mentally able to terminate it.

Guest auto302823
And, like Darklight, I ride a motorcycle, so it will all be over before I know it's happened- well, most likely, anyway.

waz[/b]

Ditto. I don't fear death, but strangely I fear my motorcycle.

Originally posted by auto302823:

Ditto. I don't fear death, but strangely I fear my motorcycle.

Me too frown.gif Even my mechanic Michael the Beemer God who has kept it from an untimely death for two years too long has now refused to work on it on the grounds that there's nothing more he can do...

Maybe we chould have a viking's funeral for it, it's done me well...

Guest Thelema

motorcycles are for people who can't configure a better Zen metaphor.

please, people, a little Haiku wouldnt go astray:

Death, falls at my feet

a wave crashes beneath me

and all is calm, now.

Originally posted by Thelema:

motorcycles are for people who can't configure a better Zen metaphor.

Abject nonsense. Motorcycles are for ppl who flow through life without walls around them. Who cut their space unafraid. For people who like to fly. Oh, and who smile a lot at other motorcyclists. No-one else knows the feeling smile.gif

Guest Thelema

Ive never been good at insults

OR

Ive never been good at recognising when my insults have effect.

I pray to be puritan. I do not wish to offend in this post. Anyone who defends and has the spirit of Zen gets my utmost respect.

I love you all!

(PS the relationship between drugs and Zen? - a form of forgetting in order to find truth)

Ive never been good at insults

OR

Nonsense, you're more than adept wink.gif Some of us are less sensitive than others, or more likely to bite back. No offence taken.

I pray to be puritan.

And I strive for excess smile.gif One day, again, and in a state and location where it is legal of course...