The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
santiago

The reality shows winner thread.

I must admit, as much as i like to be an intellectual genius i counter balance it with a dash of pathetic-ness. Whilst i am not a huge fan of everything reality tv i do like Survivor and Apprentice for starters and alot of what you see there is a magnifying glass at times here and in real life too, just not as fast and concentrated. I think to be more specific the lastest aussie celebrity apprentice is a lot of fun and besides all the corporate overtones which hit a raw nerve here sometimes, not besiding the fact that celebrity apprentice is a mass marketing exercise in cross marketing if you bare it to the bones it raises some important money for charity too, which also has corporate overtones but we may as well leave it at that.

So i suppose ill start out with the latest survivor series, the one with coach and ozzy as team leaders (south pacific?). I'll get to the point as to why im posting this spur of the moment but ill finish with that soon.

So i think of this survivor series that the chic from new york who has won 4 redemption islands has a good chance. (christine)...so yeh ill go out on a limb and go christine for a wild long shot but i think albert has the best shot and i really like that lil nerd cochrain too but ill settle on albert.

http://www.survivorfever.net/index23.html

Australian Celebrity apprentice i really enjoy too. I think its healthy to watch them suirm at times besides the self publicising exercise. Maybe i can digress later but i think that dancer guy is pretty street smart plus polished as well as Shane Crawford obviously being a proven captain already in a tough enviroment. The girls i probably could not go past Jacinta for beauty plus brains but it irks me a bit that 4 of the girls wear glasses with no obvious magnification lens. Typical blonde steriotype self pity at work here regardless of sexism as none of the blokes wear them. But obvious sexism aside ill go Jason as the winner followed by Jacinta.

The reason why i post this is that my kid is absolutely loves these programs too but is shit scared or Mr Bouris.......and i mean really scared. I dont know if this is a good thing but every time he comes on she quivers and thinks im going to die. What happens when you get fired she says...........are you gonna die? I say no dear its just a TV show and one day i will die but thats life. Its just like being suspended i say. Luckily she is mostly well behaved so the symbolism actually ironically works here but Mr Bouris still scares the crap outta her but she loves the show and thats her choice to watch or not. I cant help but crack upthough that Mr corporate Bouris instills fear in kids more than an atypical phobia clown of circus ilk...or spiders, she loves spiders.

So there you go...simple thread, simple premise. Name your fav reality show as early as you can and predict your winner.

Cheers.:)

post-5986-0-27951600-1319633575_thumb.jp

post-5986-0-27951600-1319633575_thumb.jpg

post-5986-0-27951600-1319633575_thumb.jpg

warning: veiny cartoon penis Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

that is so random thunderideal, i have no idea what it means but i luv it anyway..........am i a dick trapped in a pipe, am i the last one to get the joke everyone is laughing at...........er hahah :lol:

You could have at least put some kind of warning on that Thunder. Some of us don't appreciate seeing shit like that.

ha ha ha !

... the idea of a dick trapped in a pipe and then to add insult to an already shitty situation by having a gator chomp down on it....... is not what I was waitin for thunder....... hahaha

hope the song doest get stuck in my head all day hahahhaha

i only wanted to express my distaste for reality tv, but i instantly felt bad for disrupting the thread.

sorry :blush:

hurro, whilst im not really passionate about this thread it was one of the last ones i did past recently and i cant remember much of the others i did that have any revelance to life at the mo but for some reason i still like to watch crapola reality tv for the basic reason of psuedo gambling on my abilty to predict life factors based on character.

like everyone i suppose i reckon i know alot about meeting someone and pigeonholing their character into good and bad egg for example, if nothing more in my life i self admirate about i treally do think i am an exeptional judge of character. mayby though even though if in real life somebody isnt of good character at the moment doesnt mean they never will be in the future. anyway speil over the point im getting to is another prediction on this years 2012 aussie celebrity apprentice winner.

some backgound to my predictions. i chose albert in survivor last series....he didnt win but came top 3, out of 16 competitors ill definately take that as a positive. i chose jacinta, shane and jason in celebrity apprentice aus 2011 and they ended up being 3 out of top 4 last series so far so good.

this series of aus apprentice 2012 i choose for the following reasons the winner to be Ben Dark, the 3 runners up to be Jason Akermanis, Dicko and Tania Ziatta. Ben seems to be switched on and loyal plus he is moderately succesful in a wide ranging level of society and not too up himself. As with last season i believe AFL footballers high level are used to media scrutiny and negativity which eat away at lesser souls. Dicko is and already has been the head of many varied corporations and says what he thinks regardless of backstabbing and Tania has US and India resume's which is certainly the top end of business society.

As much as i hate media as many of you do i cany help but have fun with predictions and human foibles.