The Corroboree
Bretloth

Bretloths Cacti Collection

Etiolated to the max. The birds eye view of them, to me, looks like they are moving and have left trails behind them, haha.

LOL! They're kinda like freaky fingers :)

Haha, actually now that you say it, they do remind me of Salad Fingers:

From the top view they also look like Loph-headed worms/snakes coming at you.

Edited by TheExplorer
  • Like 1

The KK Cephalomacrostibas does not look like the Cephalomacrostibas in the description BUT it probably is the plant that knize sometimes sells under that name. No idea what plant it really is but it has similarities to a Cuzcoensis. I grow something like three of em from seed and im really looking forward to see how they look like. Will take a closer look at some of the pics later. Its definately a nice collection. It also feels you got a huge lot at once. Reminds me of the time when i started growing cacti. But be careful not to get too much at once...Cacti can be quite time consuming when they just keep on getting more and more. Do you keep em outside the whole year round? bye Eg

All my kk's are from Torsten EG, who I trust with plants but coming originally from Knize, who the fuck knows! The pics I could find of knizes mature Cephalomacrostibas definatly are different, hopefully these seedlings turn out to be what they are supposed to be. Worth the couple bucks and few years to find out I think. Been at it a while, probably 4 years now growing entheogens. Just only stopped lurking and got involved in the forum recently. Most of the cacti have come in the last year, 10 here, 10 there, doesn't take long if you are committed. I keep them outside year around, perfect conditions here where I am. Only gets down to 0 or 1 degrees celsuis in winter at it's coldest, and upto high 40's in summer. Really dry here, semi arid. If it's green up here, it's irragated. Lucky to live half way in between the two biggest collections in the country, 20 min either way. Perfect spot for cacti. I have alot of experience with plants in general though, owned and operated a successful market garden, grew up on farms so pretty confident I can handle it all. Got rid of most my pain in the arse plants that need alot of care. Cacti are my last concern here, it's the others that give me grief lol :)

Thought you might be interested in this:

DSCF0123.jpg

It's a photo of the Trichocereus tulhuayacensis KK337 (B13) that SS has and used not long ago in a cross, bought as a cutting from Knize, I believe, not grown from seed. The photo is by mel/vin over at the Nook.

• Like 1

Cheers Tripsis! That's a nice looking peruvian. I think our seedlings have a little extra something in them somehow. Here's a link to Bob Resslers tulhuayacensis http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2731653720075508785CGjsxx, the cuts above look a decent match to his, especially the cut in a pot. :)