The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Psylo

Seed Importation

Im considering the purchase of couple hundred seeds from the USA, and a question has arisen. There were (I believe unverified) claims several years ago on US forums that the plant contains traces of Dimethyltryptamine.

If this is the case, would the seeds also contain the active ?

And a general question - can ANY live plants be imported into Oz. Speaking of totally legal non ethno stuff.

Thanks

Psy

The answer is yes you can provided they are permitted spp & you are prepared to jump trough the hoops & cough up the $'s

Use the data base to search what your after, You want your plant, then end use nursery stock then from country USA

only use the generic name & scroll down & find the species your after, for eg search Chlorophytum then scroll down to find laxum. If you use the species name as well it doesn't work.

And be prepared for some really out of date names :BANGHEAD2:

http://www.aqis.gov.au/icon32/asp/ex_querycontent.asp

Assuming they are permitted spp you will need import permit/s =$'s

Broker & entry fees = $'s

preliminary inspection = $'s

Usually a treatment or 2 = $'s

at least 3 months in a registered quarantine facility = $'s

Final inspection = $'s

Youre referring to my second question, right ? About live plants... bugger that, I can do without, but there are some USA seed vendors that interest me. I hope I don't have to jump through the hoops, because I simply wouldnt bother, its only for personal use.

Or, as a non-prohibited tem, I could give it go, and if they want to radiate it or whatever I'lljust tell them to shove it. Its not that expensive fr me to buy the seeds. Really dont wish to be questioned on (alleged)DMT content though.

Thanks for the link. I also have a link that if anyone is interested in prohibited items per Quarantine.

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/import/plants-grains-hort/contaminants-tolerance