The Corroboree
ErraneousHerbalist

My Garden

So, everyone else is posting their gardens. Why not me? I'll update this thread with new growth and new plants. I'm getting myself set up over here after moving from NZ, so you'll have to excuse the tameness of this thread.

Morning Glory 'Heavenly Blue'

3HNDy.jpg

Some more morning glories, S.farinacea and a bean plant that's starting to flower.

4wfh6.jpg

My bonsai, the bottom one needs a trim...

reLD5.jpg

Another bonsai, this one has been attacked by aphids and is starting to recover.

X25FY.jpg

Klip dagga, catnip, stevia and S.officianalis

8mtq2.jpg

A bunch of klip dagga and er.. oh yeah, there's another morning glory in the top-left.

OYSdQ.jpg

Each step with a S.farinacea plant :)

9UqG6.jpg

Dwarf pumpkins

lbtdW.jpg

Some pereskiopsis cuttings (thanks shortly!)

uiF22.jpg

Lastly, some rock melon seedlings

CrdEt.jpg

That's all for now folks, I'll be updating as soon as I get more plants/cacti B)

Any constructive criticism is welcome! All trolls will be napalmed. :devil:

Edited by ErraneousHerbalist

Nice! Certainly is the season for getting out into the garden and taking photos.

Nice plants, very healthy looking :)

I recognise the portulaca, fig and chinese elm bonsai, but what's the one in the next pic? Pyracantha?

That elm would make a nice broom style bonsai.

I think you'll need a bigger support for that ipomoea, they get big fast.

Nice plants, very healthy looking :)

I recognise the portulaca, fig and chinese elm bonsai, but what's the one in the next pic? Pyracantha?

That elm would make a nice broom style bonsai.

I think you'll need a bigger support for that ipomoea, they get big fast.

Thanks, I do my best to keep em' that way. Although some of the newer klip dagga are losing their pigment due to lack of N, but I'm getting on top of that.

How'd you know? That's exactly what I was going to do! :blink:

I agree with you as well, it was just the only stake I had at hand, I'll be replacing it in the near future.

The Klip dagga are give or take one month old now.

neat bonsais :)

what part of nz did you used to live in?

Thanks bogfrog :) I used to live up north of Auckland in Mahuranghi West. Used to have lots of land, much easier to work with than in an apartment.

Are you using old softdrink bottles for pots ? Thats not a bad idea if I ever run low, raid the local bins.

Are you using old softdrink bottles for pots ? Thats not a bad idea if I ever run low, raid the local bins.

Yes, I am. Hah, I can see you ravaging the local bins for soft drink bottles :P I mainly do it because the island I live on doesn't recycle, and to save a few coinage. Seems wasteful otherwise.

Its a good idea. Does anyone old enough to remember, ever make plant terrariums as a kid out of old style soft drink bottles?

Bottles used to have a rigid black plastic 'cup' glued to the base, that came up about 3 inches. You would twist it off (the bottle base was a perfect dome underneath), put plant in the black cup, cut the neck off the bottle before it tapers, and put the cut end in the cup, and the round dome skyward. Magic, a plant terrarium. I used to give shit like this to the older ladies in my street, and they thought it was the ducks nuts.

Cant do this anymore, well not as schmick looking, the bottles changed many years ago.

Sorry for the OT. Good to see youre getting right into it all, 'Erbalist. We have a batch of seeds to split soon too )

EDIT: Atrocious hungover typo's

Edited by Psylo Dread
  • Like 1

Its a good idea. Does anyone old enough to remember, ever make plant terrariums as a kid out of old style soft drink bottles?

Bottles used to have a rigid black plastic 'cup' glued to the base, that came up about 3 inches. You would twist it off (the bottle base was a perfect dome underneath), put plant in the black cup, cut the neck off the bottle before it tapers, and put the cut end in the cup, and the round dome skyward. Magic, a plant terrarium. I used to give shit like this to the older ladies in my street, and they thought it was the ducks nuts.

Cant do this anymore, well not as schmick looking, the bottles changed many years ago.

Sorry for the OT. Good to see youre getting right into it all, 'Erbalist. We have a batch of seeds to split soon too )

EDIT: Atrocious hungover typo's

Alguds man, no need to worry about the OT, at least I learnt a new way to say bees neez. :P Can't wait for the seeds either. Pm me as to how we're going to work it out.

Had a night out on the town last night did we? :lol:

The rooted cuttings of kanna from Psylo! One of them died though :( All the rest are going fine.

rxWXF.jpg

Be careful of humidity domes with succulents EH. You might be overdoing it a little, don't want them to rot ... I got some of Psylo's rooted cuttings too, a couple of weeks ago. Planted them straight in the ground. Full sun. Only watered them the first week. And they're looking really well. They are quite tough. I think the domes are unnecessary.

Be careful of humidity domes with succulents EH. You might be overdoing it a little, don't want them to rot ... I got some of Psylo's rooted cuttings too, a couple of weeks ago. Planted them straight in the ground. Full sun. Only watered them the first week. And they're looking really well. They are quite tough. I think the domes are unnecessary.

Sure thing, just an impromtu thing that I applied last night. I get onto that :) That's the point of this thread btw, point out things you think are wrong and tell me about them, I'm all about learning.

Latest update:

Kanna -looking a lot healthier, also managed to take a cutting from the one that died.

P1fb8.jpg

Comfrey -picked this guy up from the local plant store today.

QCNiw.jpg

Delosperma Cooperi

RHneO.jpg

Little Fingers Eggplant plant

PlBpD.jpg

Should be getting a load of seed and a couple more plants from SAB in the near future as well :lol: Can't wait Torsten! :worship:

A small update! :D

The first S.farinacea flower, it's so delicate. :wub:

Hu4QN.jpg

My brug from SAB showing new growth after losing all it's foliage in-transit! ^_^

38JPe.jpg

Some little brugmansia seedlings I received in a trade. 3/4 ain't bad! Then again I forgot about them for a wekk and let the soak for that time!

OiQwd.jpg

Not sure if this guy deserves it's own thread so I'll post him here. The alleged T.grandifolia crested and montrose var. Akira. According to another thread it's actually a cereus.

GGMY4.jpg

Lastly a brug/datura flower from a local's garden. It's all in bloom it's so pretty :blush:

LD4oh.jpg

The soil in your kanna is too wet

Hmm... must've been the rain I don't water it altogether that often. Only for extended dry spells. :scratchhead:

Very interested in learning so tell me what's your regime. Don't wanna kill the bugger! :worship:

Lovely Plants Erraneous...what part of the Gold Coast you living in? I'm in Nerang. Would love to catch up and trade plants once your brugs are a bit bigger....

Im sure i've got a few in my garden you'd want.

Just got a few new brugs from SAB myself. Sacred Sunset and Hot Pink and have a big flowering double corolla white. Candida x

Cuts for cuts are always great. skips the propagation stage, which is fine if your already familiar with that plant.

Lucky bro! I'd been very keen to do that at some point. Here's an update:

P.harmala seedling

SvqXU.jpg

The first MG flower, wish I'd taken it earlier in the day ^^* Not sure if it actually 'heavenly blue' atm as well :angry:

LESPE.jpg

My little friend: the brugmansia showing new leaves:

2virE.jpg

Quick Update:

Norset Daga starting to get it's first true leaves.

pKYxQ.jpg

P.Harmala getting it's first true leaves, they look like little dragon claws :blush:

EQDbc.jpg

The brugmansias further down the line:

vAeWh.jpg

gf4GI.jpg

NB: More tomorrow! :P

Hey mate how'd you go about germing the p harmala? I've had no luck lol

Nice pics btw gardens looking sweet!

• Like 1

Hey mate how'd you go about germing the p harmala? I've had no luck lol

Nice pics btw gardens looking sweet!

Nothing special.. The seeds were from SAB, just placed them in some soil and wah-lah! P.Harmala!

Edit: Oh, and thank you :D

• Like 1

Right-o here's an update!

Carthagenesis cutting starting to sprout!

fvs5z.jpg

The 'Hairy Psychotria' P.loniceroides

osEbk.jpg

Acacia ?maidenii?

IbwXw.jpg

Edit: Acacia cultriformis

pYi5D.jpg

Another acacia dunno the species of this one either.

gPWlv.jpg

Acacia phlebophylla

xwkE7.jpg

Should I put my cacti here as well? :scratchhead:

Edit: Here they are if you want to have a looksie.

http://herbalist.imgur.com

2nd Edit: Dear god man! Subgenus not species? I must be off my nut!

Good stuff mate, your garden is looking good and your getting some nice varieties. BTW that's the first pic I've ever seen of Psychotria' P.loniceroides. Are they available in OZ? I'm in SEQ aswell and plants seem to grow so fast up here. Good ol sunny Qld. :)

• Like 2