The Corroboree
altenate

whats a reasonable time to wait?

Seems to be a bit of a topic at the moment.

Whats a reasonable time to wait when the seller said they have heaps of HBWR seeds ready to post

I know we are all busy & may get sidelined from on sending trades etc for a few days but a month or more seems like a while.

one deposits money in the middle of August, gets a message that as soon as it clears the seeds will be sent, that all is good, wont dissapear with the coin & is good for it.(That should be in 2 days for the $ to clear & the seeds to be sent)$ deposited in middle of August

A couple of weeks later I send another message , I know it has been read & received, then another message sent, no reply blah blah

Now as far as I know that aint even logging in...

So do I name the said seller? & has anyone else been juped by a woodrose seller in the last 6 months?

Money is money -whatever - its a transient thing - If he is that hard up for a 100 bucks then then , i dont know.

Have only had good experiences with this forum, trades, sales etc in the past.

It only takes one person to make me wary of doing it again....

Bit slack hey!. Although the goods should have been sent ASAP after receiving the money, the fact that the person is not logging on may indicate something has happened to them ( family/health/work/computer/prison) . I don't know what is a good time frame to wait, but i like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Good luck altenate.

Yeah a month is a bit long, especially if it's just seeds to be shoved into an envelope/postbag.

But I agree with Amazonian, there's probably something going on with him/her if not logging in.

I personally don't think it is a big problem to mention the persons name. At least someone else might know what's going on with them and PM you about it. If I was a month slack with a trade I wouldn't be offended if I was publically queried about it, providing it was not done nastily (which clearly you are not). But others may see it differently.

Name them. There reponse will only build their Integrity or Expose their fraud.....

• Like 1

Hi Altenate, we strongly encourage people to bring trading difficulties to our attention. One month is a little bit borderline though and personally, i´d give people a little bit of bonus time as i know that delays are likely to happen in anybodys personal life. As an example, i only ship like once a month or so. Next time something isnt going well, you can bring it to Torstens or one of the moderators attention and we look into it. If you want, you can pm me the details and i´ll check. But like i said, i would probably give the seller/trader a few extra weeks to get it done before making a thread about it. Im sure by posting this, you just speedened things up immensely. :lol: bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

i too paid for hbwr seed and never got it but yeah i just thiought the dude must have been hard up for coin lol

As far as how long,

it is all about the trade or transaction,

if the seller says things will be sent as soon as they are paid or receive their end,

then a month is clearly far too long.

If they say that they will get around to it and there is no rush

Then a month is not a bit deal at all

I've seen trades span years and be fine,

but that was understood by both parties as acceptable

It is all about what people agree to and accept

ok,

have let the messages sit for a week or so to see if there was any reply

but any one else tried to buy some HBWR seeds from the member Razor ?

Not sure if I am the only one to have not received seeds...

No there is at least one more that i am aware of. Same story...razor took money but didnt deliver. Anyone else?

That's why members should be named immediatly, it just tends to clear things up a bit more quickly. Considering there has previously been a thread about Razor, I think waiting longer before assuming you're not gonna get your seeds would be bad.

I've only had one dealing with razor, and he did seem to forget to send my seeds for a week but then sent them express when I reminded him of it.

It seems to be all to common for people to say one thing and do another. If someone says they will send the seeds tomorrow, then they should send the seeds TOMORROW, not the next day, not in a week or a month. If they can't be arsed, they should say when they're ACCEPTING YOUR MONEY that they will send it when they feel like it.

I personally get excited when I'm expecting something in the mail. I also don't want shit to get nicked from my mailbox, so I generally check the mail a few times on the day I'm expecting it if I'm home. There are people and businesses I buy from that have never (or rarely) failed to send it immediately, so I know exactly when I should be keeping an eye out for it. I feel like a knob if I spend a couple of days checking the mail every now and then, or keeping the music down in case there's a knock at the door, then a week later it still hasn't arrived. Then PM the seller and they say they've been busy or something. Well, fucking PM me and apologise the minute you realise it's going to be later than you first SAID :BANGHEAD2:. I don't really buy excuses like people saying something came up if they didn't have the decency to let me know straight away.

Sometimes I need a particular something for a particlar date and check with the seller that I will have it by that date. Then they send it late and I end up paying for something that I no longer really want.

I should point out that the majority of my dealings on these forums or with members here have been great, but these boards are full of stoners and some people can be a bit slack.

• Like 1