The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
dollarjuice

Minecraft Creations

Hey guys so I did a search for Minecraft and only found 1 thread, lacking some creative creations (see what I did there?)

And with the new release of beta version 1.8 a few days ago that means you can have creative version on your PC now and not just that crappy in-browser one, I figured what better time than now?

Here's a couple of mine to get the ball rolling, more to come no doubt.

Mushroom is about 30ish from ground to top. Plane is about 20 from top to bottom.

If any of you don't know what Minecraft is, www.minecraft.net

post-10125-0-78286600-1316161080_thumb.j

post-10125-0-88450400-1316161100_thumb.j

post-10125-0-78286600-1316161080_thumb.jpg

post-10125-0-88450400-1316161100_thumb.jpg

post-10125-0-78286600-1316161080_thumb.jpg

post-10125-0-88450400-1316161100_thumb.jpg

Edited by dollarjuice

I don't think so Khala, partly due to the way that this has been constructed and partly because I think dollarjuice is using 1.8 - the mod is for 1.7.3 1.8 has broken most (if not all) mods, they have to be repatched.

I'll get on for a bit tonight and see what I can make in creative.

I stopped being creative when I realised just how terrible creative mode is. No no-clip (flying) no noticeable inventory, so if you lose your palette then you have to find all the items again... I lost patience half way through my giant beetle.

Double-tap spacebar to fly. when flying holding space increases altitude, holding shift does the opposite.

The inventory default key was changed a little bit ago, I think it's E by default now? It can be changed in controls.

You should have access to every block in the game without having to pick it up?

No offence intended here, but do you guys seriously get a kick out this?

I just googled minecraft to see what this was all about, saw that 16 million people and counting are using this program and watched a vid on what it's about.

Am I wrong, or is it a very time consuming way of building digital 3D models? If I've judged it correctly, I'd have trouble even imagining a bigger waste of time.

Please enlighten me.

• Like 4

it's popular in places like 4chan. there is more to it than building models, i think it becomes like you described when cheat patches are used?? but more like a dodgy game in it's original form.

Creative mode is little more than you described Rab, but survival and SMP (multiplayer survival) is far more popular. It is essentially a sandbox rpg, you have to survive, which is actually rather easy if you know what your doing, barring accidents. (damned creepers) And yes, the achievements in building grand structures in survival mode is more like being proud of how much time you can waste.

dollarjuice, thanks for the fly tip. I didn't mean finding the material to pick up, but more like finding them again within the menu, you don't have a space to allocate out extra blocks, so if you're using more than the default (8?) then you need to constantly refind the items within the oversized inventory to place them again. I was particularly frustrated with the fluids and buckets for a short time, as an empty bucket fills when used on a fluid, meaning you can only pick up one at a time. Took me a sec to realise I can just keep full buckets and remove fluids by placing blocks on them and then clearing them back away.