The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
planthelper

looking for astro pollen

i started growing and peres grafting a variety of astrophytum, and hope to get flowers and pollen soon for a breeding project.

but i could start experimenting already now if, i manage to source astro pollen.

i guess i would prefere, if the pollen would have been pulled of the plant, including the stalk.

i offer loph seeds or catha plants in exchange, or even dollares.

I've got an A. asterias and a few other Astrophytums that I'm desperately hoping to see flower this year. I'll keep you in mind if, and when, they do!

I will have heaps of rare Astrophytum pollen available in a month or so, my plants are just budding up now. Is there anything that is of particular interest ?

HN

what i will try to do is, to interbreed astros, turbinias & co with lophs.

now, i think this is possible, but it's sure not worth your rare pollen, i'd say..., but i would gladly take it.

It's all good I will have heaps to go around. I believe an Italian grower has successfully interbred turb/Loph, I would post a picture but the website is down and has been for a while :(

Good luck with it.

P1000035.jpg

I have an astrophytum asterias sand dollar that is just starting to shoot out what looks like will be a flower.

I have no idea how long it takes until the flower is mature, but when it is ill happily send you some pollen.

Ill keep you posted and maybe get a photo. When its ready you can fill me in on the best method for collecting storing and sending the pollen.

EDIT: here is a photo of the astro i was talking about... it seems to be a flower forming.

Edited by tipz