The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Teotzlcoatl

South America 2012

i would not avoid lima, because even lima has a few brujo stalls, where one can shop just before boarding a plane home!

i would not avoid lima, because even lima has a few brujo stalls, where one can shop just before boarding a plane home!

True, and there are other advantages of being in a big city.

However after a few months of travelling (and with a few more months ahead of me) I found little of interest there. Oh yeah, except a really crazy expensive supermarket in Miraflores where you could get such delicacies as soft cheeses, lindt chocolate, and other treats not generally available in SA ;).

I did visit a brujo stall but just ended up getting ripped off :) story of my trip.

We never left the airport in Lima, the more experienced members of the team made leaving the airport seem like a bad idea (it was late at night).

>>> Place- Mexico <<<

*Purpose*-

Collect the following botanicals-

Collect Salvia divinorum plants and seeds, collect other Salvia species as well

Solenostemon (Former: Coleus) species (strains said to be active); Clear up the "Coleus Myth")

Locate and learn about the psychoactive Puffballs

Heimia salicifolia ~ "Sinicuichi"

Quararibea funebris

Psilocybe species spores prints

"Peyotes" and "Lost Peyotes" seeds

Taragets lucida

How many States and locations does this entail?

What season do you plan to go in?

Edited by Archaea

No idea Archaea, just ideas right now for that expedition, nothing concrete.

I managed to get down to the oriente to stay with the Secoya people in on the Rio Aguarico. This was amazing but hard to organise.

Next time, I want to hire a boat in Coca and go down the Rio Napo to Iquitos, stopping along the way.

Tell me more about this please.

I updated the 1st post and am looking for more suggestions!

I'd also like to add - Live among tribes people for a period of time and learn their ways and culture philosophy.

Can y'all tell me more about Bolivia, Ecuador, Brazil and anywhere in Peru that is a good place to go that isn't the "Sacred Valley" region near Cusco (I've been there already).

I'm looking for ruins, hikes, etc. but with plant collection, learning about the culture and getting off the beaten path in mind.

Perhaps I should get on a travel forum...

Come along with me :) It will be $1500-3000 if anybody would like to join the expedition team, this covers all expenses.

~Itinerary~

1) All members of the expedition team will meet in Lima, Peru in the morning. We will rent a car and immeditely leave the city.

2) Drive to Matucana and rent a hotel room. Spend the day exploring the area and resting.

3) Continue driving through Huancayo, Ayacucho, etc. as you continue towards Cusco. Enjoy the sights and find some interesting places to visit??? like where????

4) Once we arrive in Cusco return the rental car and rent a hotel room. Rest in Cusco for about a day.

I was going to drive from Lima to Cusco in a rental car, i'm going to stop at Matucana but what are some other good places between Lima and Cusco? Any route I should take? Any route I should avoid? Is this area safe? Is this a bad idea? Where should I stop along the way? Huancayo, Ayacucho, etc.? Where should I avoid? What plants grow in this region that I should collect? Is this just pointless and there is nothing of interest between Lima and Cusco? Am I just wasting my time and money with this idea?

is this something you are putting together or something that is already in motion that people can sign up for? that seems VERY cheap for 3 months! wow. too bad, cause the air ticket from here alone is about 3k lol.

Well since you're such a salvia buff I'm surprised you're not hunting down Salvia venulosa, the closest relative to divinorum. Looks like an awesome adventure for somebody, some day.

Where can I find Salvia ? Can you tell me more about this plant? Maybe start a new thread so we can really talk about it?

I thought the closest related species of Salvia to S. divinorum was Salvia cyanea and/or Salvia concolor?

is this something you are putting together or something that is already in motion that people can sign up for?

yes, to both, there are two parts, I can't invite you on part two tho cause I'm not setting it up!

that seems VERY cheap for 3 months! wow. too bad, cause the air ticket from here alone is about 3k lol.

Once you get there it's cheap. We're gonna stay at an orphanage and help them out and they will give us a bed and food for cheap/free.

Edited by Teotzlcoatl