The Corroboree

Yes please. Very interested to check it out (just to confirm how evil it is, of course). :wink:

I'll give it a shot :blush:

I remember the basic ideas for this type of social networking service being around a couple of years ago, and I think there was an attempt at making it happen, but probably didn't really get off the ground due to lack of usage. I don't know if google stole the idea or bought them out, but the sad fact is that the best social networking to use is the one that everyone else is using: A few years ago it was myspace, now it's facebook, and unless facebook gets their act together and makes some revolutionary changes, the next one will probably be google+. Much as I dislike google's tactics, if google+ is the one that everyone else is going to be using soon, it's the one I'm also going to want to be using.

• Like 1

hmmm i like the idea of 'circles'

i would definitely have a circle of 'lesser plebs' and a circle of 'elevated plebs'.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

It seems you can only add a person to one circle. It would make more sense to me that you can add a person to as many circles as you want, similar to file-permissions and groups. I might have a circle of workmates, but I might also want some of my workmates to be in my "friends" circle. Still much better than fb's free-for-all.

• Like 1

if you go to view all up the top right out your page. You can add people to more than one circle

Ah, actually... I added you to one circle, and then I added you to another circle and you seemed to disappear from the first one, but then on the main page you appear in both.

i would dig an invite

Ah, actually... I added you to one circle, and then I added you to another circle and you seemed to disappear from the first one, but then on the main page you appear in both.

Do remember G+ is still very much in beta and buggy as hell. I can also provide invites if anybody wants to PM me their preferred e-mail account.

I really like the idea of google + and think the concept is far superior to facebook, but social networking can only work if people are using it. I'd love to have more people in my "ethnobotany" circle, so please feel free to add me anyone :) If you got an invite off hillbilly, then you can find me in his circles. I looked through his circles to see if there were any obvious ethnoheads, but didn't see anyone with a cactus (for example) in their profile pic. I'm the one in a labcoat with a mask and a sep funnel :wink:

add anyone off my list mate, if they aint ethno's theyre doofers. Except my brother, he's boring LOL