The Corroboree
Heretic

Forthcoming Prohibition of Ethnobotnical Species

It appears that the Federal govt is determined to create the so called "nanny state" for Oz. This is part of an on-going process that erodes the civil rights of citizens. I presume they are in a panic mode, freaking out suspecting that cottage industries will evolve extracting illicit substances. Although these new laws will be largely unenforcable,they will neverthelss be bad news for anumber of reasons including both our civil liberties and the environment.e.g. to restict a person of the right to grow thier own wattle can only lead to the increased unsustainable exploitation of the already devastated Australian bush. Furthermore, these idiots have failed to realise that ethnobotany is potentially the best weapon possible with which to combt the illicit drug menace. I am a parent and would much prefer my kid to chew qat than inject speed or drink poppy tea than use smack, to give acouple of examples. I am interested in what other forum members think about the new laws and what we can do to prevent them from becoming reality.

Hi Major Tom, and welcome to the forums. Are you referring to the Attorney-General's proposed plant schedules? There are a couple of threads here discussing this at length. If not, do you have specific information about the proposed prohibition you are talking about? Links etc.?

Hi Major Tom, and welcome to the forums. Are you referring to the Attorney-General's proposed plant schedules? There are a couple of threads here discussing this at length. If not, do you have specific information about the proposed prohibition you are talking about? Links etc.?

Yes,the proposed plant schedules.

Yes,the proposed new plant schedules.

i've only just heard of this now, can someone please provide me with a snapshot of what the legislation entails??

the original post indicates that if they legislation is passed, it will become illegal for one to grow their own wattle trees? does this extend to every kind of wattle tree or just some? also is this state legislation or federal?

yeh there's a big difference between 'forthcoming legislation'

and 'proposed schedules'..

nevermind , i just browsed the above link. disapointing news indeed. as much as i hate to see things like this occur, and i really hope the legislation doesn't get enacted, i can see why they would enact such legislation to make these plants illegal.

if it is successful i guess people will have to start tending to and creating plantations out in secluded areas such as forrests and things.

oops - sorry mud, only just saw your post now. yes indeed, proposed legislation is a far way from enacted legislation, however, due to the non-political nature of these proposed schedules, i can't really see a reason why the opposition would move to block such an action. we must look to our local green's members for salvation! hehe

Edited by dosileflynn

man who do these cock suckers in suits think they are ? they own the planet ?

no tree or plant should even be considered in a category of being legal or illegal.

leave nature alone.

it was put there for a purpose.

i am sincerely wondering if we can slam a grand jury up these politicians asses and throw them in jail.

There's a war on 'drugs'..

so honest to F*ckn God,

We need oursleves a counterstrike on consciousness.

FOR, that is. Not against :S

Ppl are too smart now,

to think that doctors, governments and police have a clue or desire for anything

but their own security.

And where's the logic at?

Who cares.. but try n make wild lettuce illegal!

They're tellling the cactus collectors, growers etc

that outlaw biker gangs are making trafficable drugs (the scrouge of our society)

out of cactus and brugs and various other :s

Biker gangs?

I wouldn't wait for the greens to save us, them fuckers want to give over our sovereignty to the UN. Bunch of globalist fascists the aus greens. I really doubt we'll hear anymore about the proposed new plant schedules, atleast for the time being. I dont think that labor can afford more unpopular legislation with all the carbon tax bullshit going on. I'm hopeful it's on the backburner until atleast after the next election, which labor will loose. Let's hope the liberals when they get in next don't pick it up. And even if it does happen, it's unenforcable. Grow em anyway. Laws never got rid of any plant :wink:

Careful Bretloth. You may be contravening our sedition laws with that post :wink:

• Like 1