The Corroboree

I have not used Datura but I have been in a terrace house in Tassie during the mid 70's with 5 mates who drank Datura tea one afternoon, they went blind for a while which really freaked them out the strange thing is they all said they could see things going on in other rooms in the building ! Also i would suggest that reading Carlos Casteneda's first book Teachings of Don juan Yaqui way of knowledge for anyone venturing into experiments with Datura. In that book Castaneda explians in great detail the preparation and application of the datura paste Torsten mentioned earlier. I distinctly remember that Don Juan considered it absolutly crazy & very dangerous to mess with the flowers & leaves he stated that this was the path to madness believe me I have met people who went over the edge on Datura one guy I knew in the Hari Krsna's back in the 80's was really out there all the time he had got that way by ingesting Datura back in Melbourne in the late 60's his story was that after taking the datura he was imprisoned by a malevolent spirit being in a deserted shed for five days in that time he tried to escape but this spirit creature wouldn't allow hime to leave he ended up in a mental institution for a while then ended up finding sanctuary in the Hari's. All of the practices in that book in relation to Datura were through the processing of the Root and it was never ingested it was always applied as a paste to the skin, for example when it was applied to the inner thigh casteneda experienced the sensation of flying at great speed and for a long distance, who knows how true this is as there has always been controversy surrounding his books but it certainly sounds a more responsible way to use the plant than just boiling up a few flowers & saying "she'll be right". I also remember that Don Juan considered this plant to be one that should be approached with extreme caution & respect as it was capable of allowing the practitioner access to much power but also had the capability of enslaving as well

Regards

Madhva

it's as if you're on speed when you don't leave any full stops anywhere! it's crazy!!

Theres a big datura/brugs (not sure which) over the road from my parents house which always gave off a vibe that keeps me well away from it, but after a visit to the SAB nursery, I seemed to be grabbed by the brugs where you park with the pink and white flowers. It was so alluring, that I went out and found a plant and grabbed some flowers and some leaf material. I haven't tried it yet, but I figure if it talks to you, you probably should talk back. :P

Actually, I've heard that applying Datura pastes is a lot harder to control the effects of... I have ingested seeds before, and had some very realistic hallucinations, but it was physically hard and I'll never do it again... it's like being REALLY sick with a fever.

sigh

why are the more dangerous and risky plants so much easier to get hold of than the fun and safe ones?

in a perfect world psilocybin and 2-cb would be produced by several different types of household plants

come on GM :D

is someone can identify my spp. of datura?

the pic isnt good enough but i hope u can tell me the name...

i bought it from nursery ...

post-874-1128455217_thumb.jpg

That's not a Datura my friend!

Although in that photo I see a nice Brugmansia sp. (aurea maybe?) and a nice Lion's tail ;)