The Corroboree
Francois le Danque

white light, african dreaming blend

hello sab operators. torsten i assume. just wondering if i can get some info on this mix you have. the site doesn't really say...anything at all. can you tell us what's in it? and what does one do with it? see i assume it has silene in it given the whiteness reference, but i didn't think it could be smoked, if that is indeed the correct usage.

of course, it is up to you if you don't want to say what's in. it's just i don't buy things i don't know the ingredients of. thanks anyway.

I think I've answered that question before, but probably quicker to write it again thn to search for it.

we don't actually know what is in it. we know it contains up to 7 herbs used in ubulawu as dreaming herbs, but we don't know the ratios or even how many of those 7 are used as this is determined by the tribal healers who make the blend.

I would expect silene to be one of the ingredients and we can also assume that saponins are the main active constituents. hence it is probably not advisable to smoke as saponins don't really work that way. this is not a recreational and not a product for thrill seekers. it takes dedication and patience to get results from this. preparation method and dosing is the same as for silene.

as for not buying things you don't know the ingredients of, I actually agree with you in most cases. However, some of the most desirable products are tribal products of obscure composition. Ayahuasca brews made by amazonian shaman for example are highly desirable [albeit illegal] yet you will rarely be told all of the ingredients. Snuffs made by various south american shaman are rarely identifiable yet I doubt many ethnobotanists would turn down the chance of one of these in australia. It's all a matter of perspective. These are not proprietary blends like the NZ mainstream herbal highs or synthetics infused 'incenses', but rather authentic shamanic healing potions.

i understand your latter point completely, thanks. and yeah i agree, it's just i thought it was a homemade sort of blend, in which case i would have wanted to know what was in it to quantify the effects. i completely understand the mystical nature of it being secretive as it is a traditional preparation etc.

that being said, can you tell us what country/culture/tribe/whatever it is from? this is separate to wanting to know the ingredients, this is so i can get a feel for the culture involved in using this preparation. i assume it's the Xhosa people or similar. i am most interested in the cultural use and background behind plants, rather than their effects anyway.

unfortunately i already placed my order so i guess i will have to get this another time. lucky there are many in stock.

and yeah i did UTFSE before asking but couldn't find anything, so thanks again.

definitely xhosa. I am not even sure it is secretive as much as impractical in this case. ie, the mixes are probably seasonally different so any information conveyed one time will be of little value for the next batch, and I doubt they like to provide an ingredients list with each batch ;)