The Corroboree
Bretloth

Origin stories

and again. I

Edited by Stillman

Now there's a "true lance" and just a "lance" ??

Cactus clones are becoming about as reliable as 2012 predictions

Heed thy warning, before u fork doe over for a Super pedro, u wanna be damn sure or be smoking ALOT of

Meth.

Edited by incognito

I must be reading what Pd wrote wrong in numerous threads he does lump Lance and Super pedro and cordenbeses in the same cultivar or at least thats how I read it? I'm not trying to cheapen or lesson the standing of any clone over another etc thats just what I get from the reading and in numerous threads thats what I get from what PD is saying? I'd have to ask him to know what he thinks though.

in the above thread he writes

"Super pedro aka lance aka cordobensis, T. scop or pachanoid, Clone originates from cactus country victoria, is said to be fairly common in SAust also. Named super pedro by owner of cactus country due to its size and growth."

I don't know how to quote but its there.

and in a couple other threads he alludes to them being very similar if not the same? I don't know I am researching so I learn. I don't want to argue about it anyway.

Edited by Stillman

ill post pics of my in-ground lance (from sab store) and super ped i bought from pd, and we will come to a consensus. i gotsta get up there and weed the cacts garden, im amazed at some weeds resiliance. even through a 2.5 inch think crushed limestone mulch weed seeds still seem to be able to sprout and thrive. and i must lock horns and do battle with my old foe couch grass and onion grass. and avoid being impaled on 12cm long hypodermic-sharp spines.

couch always wins :( frustrates me it does.

as an aside anyone know a good control for onion grass? i want it OUT of my mothers rose garden.

paintbrush and round up. (painbrush so you only get what you want to kill) slow working but sometimes poison is the only way.

couch always wins :( frustrates me it does.

as an aside anyone know a good control for onion grass? i want it OUT of my mothers rose garden.

Round up with a wetter added ie some dishwashing liquid defiantly works.

I add dishwashing liquid to my round up spray all the time now and it make a big difference with couch as well

Cheers

Got

Some people have said ozzie 'Rob' is different than 'lance' [=cordobensis] , it might indeed be like that, but I still havent seen it.

And yeah, PD had said lance = super pedro = cordobensis. my lance came as lance /cordobensis.

I think its a consensus it's probably a pachanoiXscop, or even a long spined scop.

beautiful and fatty cactus, very ornamental

Heaps of great info here, thanks for sharing