The Corroboree
santiago

Texas holdem poker

Ok..........why am i writing this ?

Simply for the enjoyment of life. Probably on and off I have played Texas holdem for a decade. It to me seems to be the card game which has the most opportunity to determine your own outcome. It also is very social and has that unique, pimpish air about the table. Nothing like a good night, mixing tales and drinks with your friends & family...you know when your mate Bozo has a baby and the cigars come out.............trying to hustle your mates, whilst invariably at least one player is looking like a dill because he is trying to look cool and pro-like, however his mr pimp look is actually a pair of council road worker Uvex safety glasses and he has no idea that you can see the reflexion of his card hand if you really look hard.

Tonight was my first human tournament style event, it was a free league but damn its so cool. I was first off my table. Doesnt matter, im going next week,

Which got me thinking.

If anybody else likes this game we could have a tournament here on occasions. Its pretty easy to dibs whole tables at either a free play at the major places like yeho o or even poker stars, I dunno i dont care but i do think it would be funny to actually play some of the characters on here....so thats it, if it happens it happens..........any suggestions welcomed-

waste of time- to hard- nobody will do it = all good suggestions too

im proposing the first ever Ethno- Poker night

Within 1 week.

Limited to 10 players (trial run only)

Texas holdem poker no limits at a place (to be organised)

Winner is crowned EP1 Champion- if the interest is there then first 9 to reply with EP1 in post will gain entry to a world first tournament haha : )

(1st spot reserved santiago)

IT is a FREE tournament . (seems morally correct). If demand is there EP2 can be increase to 20 pax until the whole running can be sorted. Great for our international members too

So 9 spots to go....until EP1 - location etc TBA via PM post-5986-0-82569800-1304442212_thumb.gi

post-5986-0-82569800-1304442212_thumb.gif

post-5986-0-82569800-1304442212_thumb.gif

Count me in! So long as it doesn't clash with my schedule...

Sounds like fun, but I'll have to pass because I only really bothered learning Blackjack in Vegas (everyone's against the housedealer instead of each other).

Ah, we make a crash course, Fancy. :wink: I dont know shit about poker either but i´d be in for a fun round...i played a few times but far away from being good at it.

I'm keen.. But I have to know the time cos, I'm busy and 4 hours out of time..

Great idea though man!

Im keen.

Only started playing texas holden in last month or so and Love it.

Ah, we make a crash course, Fancy. :wink: I dont know shit about poker either but i´d be in for a fun round...i played a few times but far away from being good at it.

I suppose it will be beginners luck when you clean us all out ?

I'm keen for EP1

Sweet! well thats 7.... 8 if fancypants is keen for a crash course...:)

Had to change the format slightly. Seems 9 is the max table size.

Which means its changed slightly.

At this time there is only 1 spot left.

1) santiago

2) dr dognutz

3) Sheather

4) Evil Genius

5) FancyPants

6) sethomopod

7) ramon

8) Sally D

9) ???

seems its almost impossible to reserve a private table but its very easy to find empty 9 player tables, then you just get the tournament number and go there if thats what it will be at the most basic level.

BUMP!

C'mon peeps.. only 1 more person...... Who's in?

will be using

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/

those above still interested download full tilt as above.

there may even be some walk up spots available at the time, table of 9

this is still hopefully a goer

I'm in if there's still a spot

deadstar your slotted into the 9th spot, sethomopod and evil genius are both o/s i think so im hoping to get a time thats kind to them, im thinking tentitively at this stage a sunday or monday evening within next 2 weeks 730pm EST.

what time will it be in your neck of the woods EG/seth 730pm sydney time?

downloaded

thats cool by me... Only 3 hours behimd you guys.. I def be there even if im a few mins late.. We finish up at 4 usually...

Thanks for thinking of us overseas goons santiago...

Already downloaded full tilt so ready to rock out some cards! This should be fun!

Hi Santiago, i just calculated it a little bit and 7:30 pm should be somewhere 1 and 2 am in germany. Pretty far off, eh? :lol: Well just let me know when you know the exact day and i´ll try to make it happen. bye Eg

thats too late for ya EG, im thinking now revised @ 2pm sydney time on sunday, not next week 22nd but either on 29th may or 6th june.

so seth will be roughly 10am sunday morn and EG roughly 8-9pm on a sunday evening.

hope this fits in with the rest, just nominate either 29may or 6th june and most convienient to majority will be the tournament date.

time needed to play will be between 15mins to an hour most likely so its quick enough to fit i hope....also if possible try get a full tilt poker nickname recognisable for simplicity ie santiago-au is what i chose, just so its a easy to follow etc and forum based familiarity.

thanks...ill repost with final details once we iron out the date which is up to you guys.

downloaded I will be SallyD-au

Cool

29th May

Edited by SallyD

I work every second weekend, so I would have trouble playing every week

But I am looking forward to this 

very limited as the interest in a poor poker hand.

I like my mutanted 7 stud card poker, as different (3 card throw away twice)as the card dealing,

7 card stud poker but you can throw 3 cards away, 2 times around the table.

So can't be cheated or get a bad hand but can bluff which is the game or do you have the best hand.

But to make in more interesting the 2 3cardds might be show and maybe a guess at the 4 cards.

Bluff or not?

I'd be interested in TH'em if a spot falls vacant. I'm never in this frum, but check on the mycology one every day, so would notice a pm.

the 6th of june would be better for me.. Mango season here right now and working 7 days a week... Coming to the arse end of it tho, so by then i should have time..

Already downloaded fulltilt with username sethomopod

looking forward to it..