The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

Prolonged mood enhancement from Panax ginseng

I still find this herb amazing. The mood improvement I get from larger doses is quite amazing. Its like Serotonin city!

What form of ginseng ? The bulk powder or in the form of dried or fresh root. Does quality have to be especially sought for ? When you say larger doses what type of dose range are we speaking of.

Thanks for the post.

between batches of different ginseng there is a marked difference...

have to be careful at it drains your adrenal glands i think?

3 weeks on 2 weeks off if i remember correctly...

lovely herb for sure tho

I find that it effects me very similarly to MDMA when taken at reasonable doses. I make infusions of the root itself and then eat the roots in bunchs of say 12-16. The roots I get are dried and usually around 0.5cms to 1.0 cms diameter at largest. Lately I have been quite irritable and it never ceases to pull me out of a funk and set me straight for days afterwards. My wife says its like night and day in terms of living with me. LOL

Its profound effect on me was not experienced by two friends that consummed the same and larger doses which makes me wonder? - Am i sensitive to ginseng, am i in need of steroids or am i low on serotonin to begin with?? mmm...

Anyway, five herbs that I would highly recommend: Panax Ginseng, Ashwaghanda, Dang Shen, Rehmannia and Eucommia bark

ive noted an interesting syngery between ashwaghanda and panax ginseng despite their relative conflicting effects. Ashwaghanda and alcohol is an awesome mix as well. Five hours of shivering bliss...

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

Ancient Chinese 'sorcerers' reportedly combined Panax ginseng with cannabis to "...see into the future." No word on whether this practice still persists, but I have no reason to doubt it does.

I have always said that when used properly, the way the Chinese use it, by steaming the root overnight in a closed ceramic or glass container and then eating the root and drinking the tea, Panax ginseng acts as an entheogen. So far, I have heard of no one else who has actually tried this, and it's been many years since I put that info out there.

The 25x ginseng extract that is commercially available can totally drain your adrenals in just a few days if you are so unwise as to treat it like the popular South American stimulant, which it's effects can mimic. Be forewarned; this is no plaything.

Interesting you say that since I work with about five chinese blokes who consume ginseng like they are in a hurry to consume as much of it as possible... Dang shen is a gentler substitute.

But that being said I dont take it more than one night in a fortnight as i gain weight rapidly with ginseng.

!

Edited by Magicdirt