The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Stay Puft

Acacia pyncantha

Just a quickie, does anyone know if Acacia pyncantha has any D*T in it, even in minute quantities? I would assume probably most Acacia's do... anyway it is for a publicity stunt to higlight the madness of reforms to the plant schedules... I propose to march through Melbourne dressed as our floral emblem and handout leaflets informing the public of what seems inevitable scheduling of Australia's floral emblem!

I would also appreciate any criticisms! ta

Sorry about species spelling, can I adjust titles? anyway should be pycnantha

Edited by Mr Stay Puft

According to wiki it was stated at the 2002 Entheogenisis Conference to contain 0.4% DMT in the phyllodes.

Given that that is now on record I think that means possessing the plant material, even if it is devoid of DMT, is illegal because it either has DMT or could be called a "imitation drug" and prosecuted as if it were 100% pure DMT in a worst case scenario during prosecution. Or am I wrong?

1988 that the Golden Wattle was formally adopted as the Floral Emblem of Australia. The date of gazettal was September 1 which was marked by a ceremony at the Australian National Botanic Gardens which included the planting of a Golden Wattle by Hazel Hawke, the Prime Minister’s wife. In 1992, September 1 was formally declared as "National Wattle Day".[4]

Wouldn't be a bad idea to hand out pamphlets under this particular tree is any Canberra.

So the plan is to make a rather in your face suit resembeling an Acacia pycnantha, write up a petetion, not sure who to address it to yet but I thought the Prime Minister could be a good start, and get some leaflets printed explaining the situation and do a march from the Botanic Gardens to parliament house on a Saturday afternoon.

Now for those who are worried about the fact that this may be bringing attention to the issue I do not intend to give specifics about species except to mention our floral emblem and point out the fact that these chemicals are widespread throughout Acacia's and Mimosaceae for that matter... examples will be of quite common species to point out the idiocracy of this proposed law...

On the cactus front I will not mention genus that may be valuable to people here, but again point out that this chemical is widespread throughout Cactaceae and that common cacti that people have in there front yards contain this, including many Opuntia species...

Now in terms of organisation I am only in planning stages, the costume is propbably gona be the hardest to organise but it shouldn't take long, I think it is essential in drawing attention to the march... flyers will be pretty easy to organise, I just need to do a little more research beacuse there is nothing worse than mis-information, and the petition, well I don't have much experience in this area, I can write the letter, and I guess ill do a few addressed to a few different departments of government...

If anyone has any input it would be appreciated but I am trying to get the ball rolling on this at this moment, especially as the more notice hopefully the more people I can get down... I am at uni so I plan to advertise it here... I will endevour to get a date, time and what not finallised by the end of the week...I also have alot of friends who are photographers and what not so I will try to get them down as the more exposure I think the better...