The Corroboree
applesnail

127 hours

This is a good flik , quite inspirational i didnt really enjoy it till the end, when you realise its ?? :blink: , anyone who goes to the lengths of what this poor chap had to do to survive(edited :wink: )..definately worth a peek at this film..!Also some awesome scenery in it!

I hope this is better!

Edited by applesnail

Yeah, I think people would enjoy it more without knowing the ending though... Don't you?

Perhaps the thread should be retitled "127 hours (SPOLER ALERT!!!)", lol. I think most people know the story anyway.

I agree it was a good film. Had an amateurish feel to it, but it didn't detract from the impact. I thought I would be bored shitless, but it was well executed.

Most people isn't all people... Credit due though, at least applesnail didn't give away the ending at an advanced screening. Because this is exactly what I experienced! And who spoiled it for much of us at that screening you may ask? The frigging promoter did! :BANGHEAD2:

IMO the "amateurish feel" is a result of a professional direction by Boyle. The stylish yet seemingly pointless scenes reward you later in the film, while the regular use of the handy cam (including the personal recordings) makes it feel like you're in the film itself. It's powerful stuff, man... :wink:

DUH! :BANGHEAD2: sorry if i ruined the film for anyone that hasnt seen it yet...

Gotta say I really loved this film, I'm sick so I laughed through quite a few scenes (so did my wife, we were meant to be!). Very much your psychological thriller.

Slow in parts according to other friends who saw it with me but I recon it's definitely worth seeing.

May I just add, drinking at work rocks but being forced by new management to finish the rest of my hours sux...

If you watch 127 Hours backwards it's an uplifting story about a disabled man finding an arm in the desert.