The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

synchromesh

The new "eco-friendly" DVD cases

This would have to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen! I mean, not only is the whole thing a sham, but the cases give practically no protection at all to the discs or the covers!

photo.jpg

i will never buy a buy a single dvd or disk ever again... only hdd, externals or ssd's.

edit: the disk is suspended on the ring it clips onto, you don't need more protection, they just hold zero storage requirements for me and many others.

I picked up some movies last week for a dollar each, and the cases of those ones are better by a mile. Go figure!

Is the plastic recycled or something?

The only reason they're using less plastic is to cut costs. Money is after all the bottom line! :BANGHEAD2:

Nobody likes these things, eh... I can see heaps of them ending up in land fills... :slap:

Ha! that's one of the dumbest things Ive ever seen! Just as-well im a cheap charlie and don't buy DVD's unless they are pirated ones from Bali which don't come with cases anyway!

They come in sleeves, right? These things are so cheap and flimsy that I don't think there's much difference. :rolleyes: