The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
medicinedan

greetings, import question

hello everyone, glad to be joining the community.

i have a question. Can i cruise the internet in search for seeds and import them from other countrys?? I know alot of seeds including morningglorys and hbwr ect are banned from import but what about pumpkin seeds? or other exotic seeds that arent availiable?? I seen a customs website, and i got the impression that is was not allowed to import any seeds at all. not even pumpkin seeds?? help please. ps. I thought we were a dying breed until i stumbled across this place, peace

I've imported Ipomoea (morning glory) seeds into Australia from the USA. They were labelled on the declaration sticker as "Ipomoea seeds" and customs didn't do anything.

But there are restrictions on what seeds you can import. That said, Shaman Australis, or one of the other sites in the SAB community, should be able to provide you with almost everything you could want.

And they are inside Australia, so why not buy locally?

Benzito - many people get to import them without problems, while many get into a lot of trouble for ipomoea seeds. Just because you get away with it once (or even three times) does not make it any more legal for the next time. And we are talking customs drug import offences here. ie you might as well be importing some MDMA pills.

As far as quarantine is concerned, go to the AQIS site and look for the ICON database. It lists which species are allowed and which aren't.

quote:

you might as well be importing some MDMA pills

As my legal counsel and attorney, I will interpret that as sound legal advice Torsten. I am organising a massive shipment as we speak.

Any legal hassles, I'll say you're the mastermind. :D

:P

ummm, all I said was that importing Ipomoea seeds and MDMA pills is the same offence under the customs act. Both can get you into a LOT of shit.

I know you are being sarcastic, but just wanted to make sure no one else misunderstood

Torsten said:

quote:

I know you are being sarcastic, but just wanted to make sure no one else misunderstood

Ohhhhh, what's the point of quoting you out of context then? :o