The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

URGENT! If you have made a submission against the plant ban proposal

If you have made a submission against the plant ban proposal via HHH website or by direct email yourself then you should contact the office to confirm your email has been received. It appears a vast number of emails have not made it through to the department . This includes some HHH submitted mails and many individual submissions. Michael at gardenfreedom.com has informed us that submissions via that site have also not been received, but he has made arrangements for copies to be sent and for all submissions to be confirmed.

1) If you have made your submissions via gardenfreedom.com you don't need to do anything

2) (edited) If you made your submission via Happy High Herbs then you should contact the minister's office to get confirmation. As of wednesday afternoon the minister's website is sending an autoresponse to all successfully received submissions. if you are submitting via HHH and not getting a response within 10 minutes then the minister did not receive your submission.

3) If you have made your submission via email then contact the minister and get confirmation that they have received it. Or simply send it again. As of wednesday afternoon the minister's website is sending an autoresponse to all successfully received submissions.

Please spread this far and wide as fast as possible.

[this page has been edited slightly in light of new information - see post #7]

A "technical glitch hey" Yeah, my arse. Great way for them to ignore many submissions. assholes!

What bullshit. How convenient that so many submissions might just not make it through.

it was just lucky that one individual queried his submission and this then opened pandora's box. othrwise we would be none the wiser. It would have come out once the FOI is done months down the track, but that would be too late. opendecisions.net is a really good idea.

I can't believe that the government could allow this sort of thing to happen. So damned shifty.

I can't believe that the government could allow this sort of thing to happen. So damned shifty.

ROFLMAO

Oh, that is meant to be a joke isn't it trip? U honestly can't believe :P

Just heard from HHH that it appears their submissions have been received.At least most of them. It doesn't hurt to chase them up anyway because we know that even single emailed submissions have gotten lost, so nothing should be taken for granted. At least we can assume that the bulk of the HHH submissions did indeed make it. I am editing the first post to reflect this.

No, I can believe it, but it should be unbelievable. The idea of inviting submissions, then an error in the system stopping them from actually being lodged, is a sick joke. Makes you wonder if the submissions will even do anything if they are lodged properly.

thanks for the info Torsten. Sounds like the work of an over active spam gland.

This was not meant to be easy. AARRGGG

As of wednesday afternoon the minister's website is sending an autoresponse to all successfully received submissions.

Does this include every individual email address ? As i sent mine through gardenfreedom website, should i expect an email of confirmation or would that go through to the gardenfreedom website?

EDIT; Torsten, I know you said that if people had made their submission through the GFwebsite, then they don't need to do anything, but just want to clarify about the auto response email.

Edited by Amazonian

Does this include every individual email address ? As i sent mine through gardenfreedom website, should i expect an email of confirmation or would that go through to the gardenfreedom website?

From what Michael posted elsewhere I understand that it doesn't matter if you get an autoresponse via the gardenfreedom site as they will be resubmitting all submission against a personal response from the department, ie it will be the resubmissions done by them that will matter most, not the original ones.