The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tripsis

Looking for Brugmansia sanguinea and B. vulcanicola

As the title says, I'm looking for cuttings or seeds of Brugmansia sanguinea and B. vulcanicola. Actually, for any nice Brugs, as I have none, but those two look the prettiest to me.

Please let me know if you can help out!

I got some seed should be viable for b sanguinea (no cuttings tho)....not to sure how many left but there could be a few.....pm yr details if ya interested in seed.and i will send what i got.

SAB have few brug seeds avail,I see they have sanguinea seed and few different brug plants there also......

PM'd.

Would prefer to trade if possible.

How do sanguinea and vulcanicola handle Sydney weather? I've heard that they're prefer colder conditions than other, more common Brugmansia species. I'd love to add these to my collection.

They grow good south im in pretty cold climate next stop from me over the ocean is tassie, there are some massive old brugs growing hidden away in afew old cottage gardens down here and been quite happy there for years i imagine(although never seen sanguinea growing in any of them(mostly pink or white flower varietys), and there are alot of tropical plants that do grow this way....as being near the ocean you dont get frosts, most stuff just goes somewhat dormant in winter so i try to keep most plants manageable or in a greenhouse, also keeping certain plants beside the brick house helps keep the temps up....only plant ive had major trouble with p viridis...but i burnt all it leaves off on a super hot day when it got to 40 with a hot north wind...and didnt have it in the shade..being a different heat down this way, not as humid its more of a dry hot heat when the sun is out, once most plants get out of seedling or cutting stage they seem to establish themselves, I got heaps of tropical plants down here and they do fine as long as you give em some TLC thru the winter which can get very eskimo like.

I have many Brugmansia's that seem to survive quite well in SA, as long as they're given a drink in the really hot weather and maintained in a sheltered position.

Pm'd