The Corroboree
naja naja

Competing with the pharmacuticals?

So I have been pondering............ So how hard would it be to break in to the pharmacutical industry? I mean, say you do all your own research, discovered a chemical that was new to science. Where would you even start to pursue developing it into a product that would eventually be for sale at the local pharmacy? I know it would take alot of money, I am assuming too much for one financier, even if they were rich, let alone a middle class citizen. I mean, I guess u could patent it, but then wat? A big pharma company modifies it just ever so slightly and makes their own patent. Nurofen seemed to appear from nowhere and on wiki, says developed by boots healthcare. They have been around a while, but don't appear to be anything on the same level as GS&S or Pfi zer. (nowhere near as rich) I assume it starts with injecting a few million rats and mice with it at varying doses to determine LD50 and many other things. Is there any way for new pharmacuticals to reach the market without torturing many millions of innocent animals? I assume the gov would never let human trials before animal. It's such a big question, I don't really know where to start..

Maybe sum1 else knows better wat I am trying to ask, I feel I grasp this subject poorly.

You'd have to have your research published in a scientific journal, which are all basically puppets controlled by big pharma etc. so that would be a hurdle.

Then you'd have to jump all the hurdles set forth by the TGA or the FDA (animal tests,double blind tests,toxicity tests etc)depending on where you are launching the company, I've read that the cost is so prohibitive that most newcomers cannot compete unless they are backed by a multinational corp.with a massive budget.

i reckon the no#1 factor would be reputation, putting money aside i would be more likely to trust a pharmacist or somebody with similar background and qualifications than a naturopath but im not sure what side of the coin you follow.

sales repping in the chemist shop or similar industry would provide many leads no doubt, plus truckloads of money in the bank already is always handy.

had a flick down about 10 pages of googs and it seems like a costly enterprise but apparently the rewards can be huge, staff, government approval, trials, safe premisis, conferences and so on stops a lot of startups.

i didnt have time to watch the following tube link as my internets playing up, im pretty sure its not wank spam so ill post it now and watch it later, if its dodgy ill delete the link but it seems like a good place to start.

I spose you would need some Official Qualifications to be taken seriously, just lots of red tape, red tape, red tape........

Why don't you just register a ABN and start breeding rats, go down to your local centerlink apply for NEIS and let them take care of the red tape for you.

you may also whant to protect your research with what ever is necessary, patients... etc, once there protected you can then ask people for help with out the worry of them stealing it from you.

why knows before you know it you might have a grant.

I just watched that video... that is amazing, that video is extreamly sad........ Good on america......

Im sure in Australia you will have alot more red tape than on that above video.

that link is from "bigger, faster, stronger" santiago.

163432_158587490860283_100001271004754_360295_360377_n.jpg