The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
zahsone

Giant ebay LW

Wow, I think he was trying to sell this one a few weeks back for about $3000. Obviously, it didn't sell...

I think he means that it's just LW, not LW var. xxxxx

I don't know much about the naming of lophs, when did people begin naming varieties?

The names refer to the locality where the seed was collected, eg. El Oso or Huizache. So I spose they could be called varietys, but the're still "original" Loph willys.

Yeah I don't think this guy really understands much about plant taxonomy. He means species when he says genus and genus when he says family.

maybe the seller means its not caespitose

Wow that’s way too much , i would be a millionaire if they sold at that price

I'm dubious it's even 50 years old. Could easily be 30 or so. Only the rich can afford prices like that.

Great specimen but I agree way too much. I saw one with a different form, many more heads but about the same size

go for $500ish. I couldn't even afford that. BTW thanks for clearing up the different naming, I couldn't figure out how

names had been decided upon. So some 'varieties' say with numbers are possibly seeds from a cross of two Lophs

collected from different localities? I'd love to see what form Loph's would take growing naturally in this area after a

considerable time. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be around long enough to see that but someone will.