The Corroboree
Slybacon

Population Increasing

here in Taiwan, one of the densest population to land size on earth, is really pushing more children. birth rate is down and the gov wants more for the economy, so they even offer money to couples who cant get pregnant to do things like tube babies. I m personally against this.

to the original question, yes overpopulation makes me not wish to have children, though my wife live and breathes having children, so I wont take that away from her. I have tried to opt for adoption, but i lost that battle in a bloody defeat lol.

I liek the argumetn of enough land space, and there is enough land mass for 7billion people, but the peopel who flaunt these stats enevr realize that increasing population and land mass does nto really always mean we can keep living our lives of luxury. making power, making food, disposing of waste and doign so in a way that doesnt pollute everything is not so easy. So unless peopel start bascially doing what rich hippies do, and live clean simpler lives, overpopluation is going to be our undoing i believe. but if we use the technology that we already and have we can live very clean, healthy lives and bring all "those poor people" up to "developed standards" quite easily. we spend enough time, money and energy trying not to change that we could spend no more effort than we already do to transition to a logical society. at least thats my point.

for the original Q, yes it effects me, but it takes 2 to make people, and the wife always wins....