The Corroboree
∂an

Rainbow Serpent festival 2011

hahaha thats awesome! cross country with 2 on board, not an easy feat.

For a 1st timer, I really enjoyed it too. Didn't meet a whole heap of random people as I was mostly with a crew I've recently started hanging with that are seasoned Rainbow goers. Though there was one random encounter that made up for it, she STILL has my heart and I have no way of getting in contact with her to see if she'll give it back. Now that's magick :lol:

One thing that amazed me was all the littering. I thought this was going to be a gathering of conscious culture. I don't care how off ya chops you are, it's not on. But hey, that's just my option. This to me was a sign that we still have shit loads of work to do as individuals.

• Like 2

Yeah, there is no excuse for littering. Were there enough bins around? . One of the problems when there are functions etc..., is that the bins are not emptied often enough. People try to do the right thing but the rubbish just cascades over the edge and gets blown away by the wind. There is always the option of taking your rubbish with you. I was told that people volunteer to repeatedly empty the toilets for a free ticket to Rainbow Serpent, has any-one else heard of this? ( not that i am putting my hand up for the job or anything but am curious as to what extremes people will go to for a freebie. And i suppose that some-one has got to empty those loo's)

@Mt.B, Why didn't you get her phone number,tisk tisk.

as u drive into mmf, the people who scan yer tix wristbands give ya a 'recycling' bag and a 'rubbish' bag for each vehicle entering.

plus there's heaps of bins. alas, it's upto the individual to do the 'right thing'.

p.s Volunteering sees you get a free tic and you can do anything from serve sausages to cleaning the compost dunny's at 5am on sun morning.

what a crew.

peace

ethdtr

Fucking mindblowing

Shpongle then Spoonbill... 4 hours lasted 10 minutes...

Hallucinogen was a bit rough IMO and Raja Ram although a fucking champion who played some awesome stuff was also playing a fair bit of 80s remixes that made me leave the dancefloor and sit down. I really didn't come to RSF to dance to thriller :/

Positive Thought was a cool DJ that caught me by suprise.

OPIOU, The Mollusk, Circuitbent... yum yum yum.

I was dancing my way through the crowd during sphongle and I swear every 90 or so seconds I was grounded to a halt from a very familiar scent. It was freaking everywhere!

It would've been really cool to meet up with a few of you people whilst over there but I guess nothing was organised.

If anyone saw me, I was the guy wearing the white shirt that had in very friendly letters on the back 'DON'T PANIC'.

The level of difference between the Rainbow crowd and the BDO crowd has left me traumatised... Dear God, please don't give me a reason to go to the Big Day Out again!

Was downloading photos from my camera today and found this...

SDC13639.jpg

This was just in front of where I was standing at the main stage for D-Nox, if you were light enough you could rock back and forth on the mud and sort of mud surf; otherwise if you were slightly more built the above would happen tongue.gif.